Newest Review: ... waiting for half an hour), I watched the nearby hairdresser rather inexpertly struggle with a blow dry and thought "I hope that's not... more
Author Name: Carmina
Advantages: style, cut
Disadvantages: price, scamming
I thought I'd try RUSH as it was offering 50% off if you booked before a certain date - it does say that the price may change and you would be notified before or DURING your appointment - basically, do not take that lightly because it seems to me that's how they get their business. Complete scam.
I usually go to Toni & Guy, and although it wasn't quite up to the standard (the hairdresser was of a high level but seemed a bit awkward and clumsy) I have awarded one star for being satisfied with the overall cut and style. The hairdresser was also accommodating and friendly, yet didn't talk too much (which I personally prefer). However, for the following reasons, I could not award more than that:
1. I asked for 1940's style big curls - I have naturally curly hair so basically wanted my own curls smoother and bigger. I was told the manager refuses to buy the tools to create the style despite its popularity.
2. It was very cold throughout the appointment, as if the door was open constantly.
3. The person washing my hair splashed a lot on my face. I was going out afterwards and had already done my make-up and wear contact lenses, so this wasn't a great start.
4. I asked if I could have it styled with a round brush and hairdryer, instead of just using the diffuser on the hairdryer (I thought, I can use the diffuser fine myself and that I couldn't get the same affect myself using the brush combo). I had stopped her just as she told me to bend my head up-side-down to dry it which just seemed strange. After being told they would "honour" the price I had printed out from the email of £30 because THEY HAD BOOKED ME WITH THE WRONG HAIRDRESSER who was of a higher level, they told me I would have to pay £15 more with some ridiculous excuse about it being blow-dried and it taking more of her time. I think they should have charged me the amount they actually said as it was their "mistake" and not my fault. The whole reason I went there was because of the half-price deal which apparently wasn't running until after the new year - the opposite of what was actually in writing in the email and online.
5. A friend I met up with afterwards told me of the exact same experience in regard to pricing and when I asked who it was with... you guessed it, RUSH!
So my advice, is to expect that it won't be as cheap as you think when you get your confirmation email with any discount! Because they are clearly scamming customers it just shows they have no clue about how to get new customers and I'll probably return to Toni & Guy next time, where I have been going ever since I started going to hairdressers (my dad used to cut my hair!)
I will be avoiding it and urge you to do the same.
AVOID! THIS PLACE WILL SCAM YOU WITH FALSE DISCOUNTS!
Summary: avoid, false discount scam