“ Brand: Philips / Suitable for: Lip „
A good quality fast heat-up curler - for big volume curls so you must have long hair for this one!
This product has....
- an Ultra Gliss ceramic 32mm 1.25 inc jumbo barrel (its is a larger barrel than average which is why you need long hair for this one!)
- a safety metal stand so that it doesn't rest on surfaces and burn them
- 30 second heat up time
- digital temperature/digitally controlled - adjusts heat to suit all hair types
- top temperature is 180 celcius for fast styling
- swivel cord makes it easier to style whole head
- 3 metre cord
- a slide over black plastical curl attachment, works as a guide to achieve same curls/spirals.
- 25mm cool tip so you don't burn your fingers
- EHD ceramic technology which means optimal even heat distribution for professional results.
- comes with free heat resistant puch to store curlers away
- comes with 2 year warranty
- also theres a red light that comes on when the curlers are ready
These Tresemme (teamed up with electrical company Phillips to produce professional styling applicances) curlers are the best I've had to date. They are fast heat up & produce a really good result.
I have very fine straight hair and usually any curls, even when set with hair spray doesn't hold for very long at all, but the heat on these curlers must be good because the style generally holds for a day.
What I like about these curlers, besides the make, the fast heat up and the ceramic barrel which protects your hair, is the digitally controlled aspect of it.
When you set the temperature to e.g. 40 degrees C, when you look at the little screen it will be filled with black bars. Every 10 or 15 minutes, one of these bars disappear to let you know how much time you've got left. It is a safety feature of these curlers, as after an hour - unless you switch it back on - they automatically switch off when all the bars have disappeared. Perfect for people who accidentlly leave their appliances on and a great safety feature.
What surprised me was how big the barrel was, although when I bought it it said jumbo I was still surprised when I got it as I am used to much thinner curls. Because it's a jumbo barrel thats ceramic, the curlers overall can be a bit heavy the longer you are curling your hair for.
I bought my curlers for £19.99 from argos (at the time I think it was on a deal) but I would look in Boots or Superdrug first to see what the prices are like.
If I were to name one disadvantage besides it being a bit heavy, it would be the hinge you press to open the bit that secures your strand of hair while you curl it. The hinge is a bit stiff to be honest and slightly bulky.
Overall, the curlers work well and definitely does what it says on the box & give volume curls.
I don't know if these curlers would be practical for everyday use though, more so special occasions or going out.
If you're planning on buying curlers, I would look at all the other options first, but if you want a good brand and a jumbo curler to give big curls then this one is definitely for you.
3m swivel cord / Ultra Gliss ceramic 32mm (1 / 25in) barrel / Digital heat settings for precise temperature control /