Product Type: Gillette Hair Removal
Newest Review: ... wall in your shower, however these become a bit ineffective after a while. The Venus Embrace comes with one blade as well. The Venus Embr... more
Embraces your curves
Gillette Venus Embrace
Member Name: sassypat456
Gillette Venus Embrace
Advantages: Efficient, well-designed, effective
Having spent many years trying loads of different razors and ending up with cuts and nicks galore, I was pleased to stumble across the Venus range, in particular the Venus Embrace.
As any girl will know, shaving is a pain, especially legs as they are awkward to get at and it's easy to miss some vital hairs, yet with this razor the job is made a whole lot simpler.
The razor has a lovely, chunky rubbery handle making it very easy to grip and use. The cartridge comprises of 5 blades and two moisture strips, laid horizontally on either side of the blades.
The sharp blades make for a nice close shave, and the moisture comes off automatically like a soapy gel when the product is used, meaning no additional soap is needed, and nicks and ingrown hairs are kept to a minimum.
I also love the flexible, rounded head which moves with your body, getting into all the awkward little spots like behind knees, effortlessly.
When buying the razor for the first time, it comes in a pack with a spare blade and a 'shower pod' which is essentially a moulded plastic box which attaches to your shower and keeps the razor clean and tidy.
I always end up discarding these boxes, or losing them and this is silly because as a result my razor slides around the shower and ends up all slimy from too much water mixing with the gel on it. I'm sure I would get better value from the cardridges if I used the box.
The initial razor pack costs around £7 and the cardridge refills are not much less per pack. I think the refills are expensive and therefore tend to just buy a new razor every so often.
A cardridge tends to last me ages though as I am very fair and as a result don't need to shave very often. I guess it depends on how often you like to shave.
All in all this is a great girlie product and the best razor I have used. I can't really fault in and see no reason to change brands.
Summary: A great grooming product
More reviews in the field of Hair Removal
- Men! Get that sexy 'Captain Picard' look, easy-peasy (the knee-weakening voice ...
- Great and easy to use!
- From Hairy Beast To Smooth Beauty!
- Hair today gone tomorrow
- Nair Sensitive - Tickle your Fancy!
- Glide over the skin, smooth finish, quality razors!
- no shredding of the skin with these
- Competitor to Mach 3
- Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel - Converted User
- Great inexpensive shaving foam for all the family - definitely improved
- Taylor of old Bond Street Jermyn Street Shaving Cream Sensual Skin
- Korres for Men Absinthe Shave Cream
- Taylor of old Bond Street Jermyn Street Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin
- Taylor of old Bond Street Shaving Cream Avocado
- Taylor of old Bond Street Shaving Cream Eton College
- Gillette Agilite Plus Dispoable 'Ladies' Razors
- Nair Pretty Hair Removal Cream - Soft Peach
- Bic Soleil Lady Shave Gel
- Bic Soleil Scent
- King of Shaves Azor Razor Warp