“ Brand: Nad's / Spray / Type: Face Cream / Subcategory: Hair Removal / Suitable for: Face / Skin type: for dry skin and for all types „
I never, ever thought I would be buying facial hair removal cream, how-ever I recently became a little paranoid about a few hairs I seemed to notice on my upper lip so I wanted these gone. Most women have very fine, light coloured hairs on their face, particularly on their upper lip. The hair on my upper lip are very fine and light, so aren't noticeable, how-ever every so often I do notice 2-3 slightly darker hairs on one side of my upper lip. Although these probably aren't really noticeable I can see them in the mirror when looking closely, which makes me paranoid that other people can see them. I decided I wanted them gone and didn't fancy plucking them out due to the other light, fine hairs around this area. I browsed the hair removal section in my local boots store and saw a range of different products including removal creams, facial wax strips and lightening cream. I didn't want lightening cream as the hairs were really light anyway. I just wanted the darker hairs gone, so I decided I would purchase some hair removal cream. I didn't really fancy using the wax strips, especially as I have quite sensitive skin.
= = = = = = =
The product is made by Nad's, whom make a large range of hair removal products which can be found in various different stores such as Superdrug and Boots. I have used the Nad's gel wax before and have been impressed with the results so I thought their product would be a good choice to use again. The facial removal cream has been designed especially for the face and can be used on the face, upper lip and chin. The product is not suitable for use anywhere else such as the breasts, scalp, perineal or genital areas. The facial cream has a skin protection formula and angled tip for easy application. The cream has a unique 4 minute formula with skin softening almond and soothing calendula oil. Inside the pack is also a soothing face balm for use after the cream. This process of removing unwanted hair from your face is pain free and dissolves hair in minutes leaving your skin silky smooth.
= = = = = = = = =
I purchased this from my local Boots store for £4.95 which is for 28g of the hair removal cream. You can also purchase this from the Boots website, along with other Nad's products.
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
It is advised to do a test patch before you actually go ahead and use this cream as you may have an allergic reaction to some of the ingredients in the product. I how-ever didn't actually do this so if I of had a reaction to it would have been my fault completely.
1. Smooth crème on using the angled tip head to completely cover hair with a thick even layer. Do not rub in. This sounded pretty easy and straight forward. I unscrewed the lid to the large tube which had pink writing; this is the hair remover crème. The idea of the angled tip made it sound like the cream would be really easy to apply. I squeezed a small amount out onto the top of the angled tip and applied to my upper lip. The crème was a lot thicker than I imagined. I had the squeeze the tube in order to more of the cream and to get an even coverage of the crème. After I had done this I noticed there was a fair amount of crème around the sides on the angled tip. I can only presume this is because the crème is so thick. The cream isn't bright white like I expected but is an off white colour. The cream felt cold as I applied it.
2. Leave the crème on the area to be treated for at least 4 minutes. Using a soft cloth, test a small area for hair removal. If the hair does not come away easily, leave the crème on for a few minutes but DO NOT EXCEED 10 MINUTES. As the cream was applied on my upper lip I could smell the scent of the cream which I didn't really like. I can't describe what the smell was but I didn't particularly find it that pleasant. It had a very strange/odd smell to it.
3. Wipe crème and hair away using a soft cloth. I left the crème on for a total of 5 minutes before removing it with some facial tissues. The crème was easy to wipe away and the hair also came away with it too. Although I have very fine blonde hairs here and I couldn't see them on the tissue I could see that the hairs had been removed from my upper lip.
4. Thoroughly rinse the treated area with water or under the shower and gently dry. I washed my whole face at the same time as rinsing the area. The smell of the product had now gone thankfully and my upper lip was hair free.
5. Finish with the moisture soothing face balm to relieve skin. The balm is in the small blue tube and has a screw top lid. I squeezed some of the balm out and applied it to the treated area. The balm smelt really nice and reminded me of the smell of sun cream. It smelt a lot nice than the actual hair removal crème. This moisturised the area and made it feel soft and smooth.
= = = = = = = =
Although I only have fine, blonde hairs on my upper lip I was a little paranoid that people could see them which is why I decided to buy the hair removal crème in the first place. I was impressed that the hair had been removed after leaving the crème on for only 5 minutes as I thought I was going to have to leave it on longer. I luckily didn't experience any reactions to the crème. I really didn't like the smell of the crème and I was glad to remove it after having it on for 5 minutes. I thought the angled tip to apply the crème would be easy to use, how-ever I found this a little bit fiddly and found that the crème stuck to the tip rather than my upper lip. I was impressed at the quick results from the crème as it had moved all the fine hairs from my top lip. The soothing balm contains Cocoa and Shea Butter which are my favourite ingredients in body products and this helped to soothe my skin and leaving it feeling smooth, soft and moisturised. In terms of value for money I think this was very reasonable as it will last me a good few months before I have to purchase anymore. The only bad thing about the product is that the crème is quite thick which makes it slightly harder to apply, especially using the angled tip. I probably would purchase this product again as it was very quick and simple to use and I had no skin reactions to the product, so I know it's suitable for me to use again. If you are worried about facial hair then this is a great product to use.
I used this 1 week ago and don't need to use it again yet as the hairs haven't even started to grow back yet.
(review also on ciao)