Product Type: Nair Hair Removal
Newest Review: ... the product fully. I did this, I just placed a very small amount on my arm and I did not have any reaction to the product in the allocated... more
No more hair with Nair
Nair Facial Brush On Sensitive Formula
Member Name: jazzypinkpuppet
Nair Facial Brush On Sensitive Formula
Advantages: removes hair quickly and easily
Disadvantages: really smells horrid
There comes a time in every girls life when like it or not some sort of facial hair remover will become a permanent lodger in your bathroom cabinet. That is unless you want to grow old naturally and become the weird bearded lady at number 53 or you are just a lucky lass.
About a month ago, I discovered I was not so lucky to escape the invasion of facial hair and I just don't think I could pull of the hairy bear look, so my hunt for a suitable hair remover begun.
There really is a lot of choice out there, wax, razors, bleach and creams all claiming to be the best at removing facial hair. I have fairly sensitive skin and really didn't want to risk waxing my face, shaving my face just didn't appeal to me and I was a bit scared of using bleach, I decided to use a cream.
So when I found this Nair - facial brush on hair remover specifically for sensitive skin I thought that it would be perfect.
The hair remover comes in a little cardboard box with a big instruction sheet. This is set out in an easy to understand format with very little jargon.
The bottle of cream looks a bit like an over sized nail polish bottle, it is a plastic bottle with a screw top lid, the brush applicator is attached to the underside of the lid. There are basic instructions on the back which is great because most people would throw the leaflet in the box away.
The cream is a pale pink colour, sadly it does have that rather disgusting strong chemical smell to it, which lingers for quite a while after use.
Using the product was very simple, even to a novice like me. It is recommended that you do a skin test 24 hours before use to make sure you are not going to have an adverse reaction to the cream.
· First wash your face to remove all make up and any lotions or potions you may have on your skin.
· Next, using the applicator brush you simply apply the cream in a thick layer to the areas where you want hair to be removed.
· Leave for three minutes and remove a little of the cream to see if it has worked, my hairs must be very stubborn because they are still clinging on for dear life at this stage. If you need to you can leave the cream on for a further two minutes at the most.
· Wash the cream off with warm water and pat dry, do not use any cleansers or soap.
That's it, you should be footloose and hair free.
I found that it worked brilliantly, the brush helped to provide accurate coverage and when I washed it off after five minutes, all of the unwanted hairs were gone. My skin felt smooth and soft although it was a little red and this lasted for about an hour or two after use so it's probably best to use before bed and not before a night out.
The cream is enriched with camellia Oil and Ylang-Ylang which I think contributes to the lovely smooth skin I am left with after use. But I am not sure why they can't add a nice smelling scent as this would really make using the product more enjoyable.
Each bottle contains 50ml of the cream, I use it about once a week and a bottle would last me for about two months. You can buy this from supermarkets, chemists and cosmetic stores. I bought mine from Sainsburys for £4.58. Which I think is good value considering it does the job and lasts for a good while.
You can find the full list of ingredients and cautions such as 'do not ingest' and 'do not let kids play with it' at www.naircare.co.uk/p_creams_brushon_information.ph p.
Summary: A great easy to use product but it is a bit stinky.
More reviews in the field of Hair Removal
- Tweezerman Point Tweezer Stainless Steel
- Remington PG155 Pilot Grooming Kit
- Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit
- American Crew Shave Shave Oil
- Tabac Pre Electric Shave
- Boots Expert Bikini Waxing Kit
- Gillette Venus Embrace
- Palmolive Sensitive Shave Foam
- King of Shaves Azor Advanced Shaving Gel Cool Menthol
- King of Shaves Advanced Shaving Gel Sensitive