Product Type: Shavata Hair Removal
Newest Review: ... a decent amount of hair from my body. I tried a patch on my leg with this Sheer Skin, and I followed the instructions to gently rub my... more
Ouch and More Ouch
Member Name: palmer88
Disadvantages: Can cause pain
I found these in the bathroom cabinet a few months ago, something my mum had been given, hadn't use so as usual I decided to take ownership of. The idea of these small pads is to eliminate unwanted hair on the body by 'buffing' the skin.
This all seems pretty simply I know but what they don't tell you is that OMG does it hurt if done incorrectly. I believe the reason for the pain is because I chose not to read the instructions and take any notice of the guidelines. Basically the pads are made of what I can best describe as sand-paper (but extra fine) you then take the pad and in circular motion buff away at the hairy skin (three times clockwise...three times anti-clockwise). When buffing the skin you may notice a white power appearing this is in fact dead skin that has been removed by the exfoliating action of the gritty paper. At this point is where I got carried away, my skin felt super smooth so I decided it would be a great idea to buff away at my whole body just randomly picking patches I thought could do with a buff, forgetting that these were indeed intended for HAIR REMOVAL. So 1000 buffs later I decided I was done.....
The hair removal part was OK it seemed to clear what I would describe as downy hair but where the hair was thicker had just aggravated the skin. And then I came to experience the pain, I had managed to aggravate my skin sooo much that I was now a big red fireball (my skin was burning, irritated and glowing) this finally died down after a day or so......
My overall opinion of this product would be use with care and don't expect amazing results. Its fine for small thin patches of hair but wouldn't recommend on sensitive areas. Also read the instructions if not you too will glow like a fire ball!!!
Summary: ouch ouch ouch never again
More reviews in the field of Hair Removal
- ~Mummy You Look Like Chewbacca!~
- A razor that didn't even last one leg!
- Phew, Gromit, that was a close shave
- Not a long term solution, but an acceptable travel solution
- Awkward and ineffective!
- Nair Silky Sensations Hair Removal Cream
- Best gilette yet!
- A manly razor!
- Gillette pro skin
- Silky Smooth, But a Few Teething Problems...
- Taylor of old Bond Street Shaving Cream Lemon & Lime
- Taylor of old Bond Street Shaving Cream
- Taylor of old Bond Street Shaving Cream Shaving Shop
- Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Soap
- Taylor of old Bond Street Shaving Cream Almond
- Boot's Expert Moisturising Hair Removal Cream
- Nair Facial Brush On Sensitive Formula
- Nair Pretty Hair Removal Spray - Soft Kiwi, Lychee
- Nad's Ingrow Solution
- Nads Natural Gel Facial Wand