Product Type: GHD Hair Straightener
Newest Review: ... great temperature. They take out all the frizz and fuzz, leaving your hair silly and smooth. They also make great curls that last and ho... more
Have a Good Hair Day with GHD
GHD IV Styler
Member Name: Betterwithasmile
GHD IV Styler
Advantages: Excellent results
Disadvantages: Doesn't have a tempurature dial
For those that are frequent users of straighteners, you may have heard of GHD. If not, GHD are known for their high quality straightening irons that come with their high price tag.
On average, the standard pair of GHD's ( IV Styler) will retail for £99, but for limited edition straighteners will mostly retail for approximately £20 more than the regular price. GHD also offer a smaller IV styler, suitable for fringes and short hair, and also wide plate straighteners and in different colours too, often depending of season.
In my opinion, GHD's are the straighteners of all straighteners. They heat up much quicker and at a higher temperature than most other straighteners, and can curl your hair as easily as you can straighten it. GHD's take about 20 seconds to heat up and heat at 220 degrees with a little beep and an LED light to tell you.. The ceramic plates easily glide through the hair and in a short amount of time your hair is transformed. Instead of static and frizzy your hair is left smooth and sleek.
The straightener has a long convenient cable and if you leave them unattended and forget you have left them on, they will automatically switch off. GHD's are definitely the way to go.
The only problem I have with these straighteners is that it doesn't have a temperature setting; this means that you will be using 220 degrees on your hair every time you use this and your hair will get heat damage if heat protectant is not used.
If you are hesitant to splurge on a £100+ on a pair of straighteners then don't! These will last you year upon years and will end up working cheaper than repurchasing a £30 set every year. I have owned mine for almost 12 months and because I maintain the good condition, as advised by GHD, they look as good as new.
Just promise me you won't get conned into buying a bargain set of £50 GHD's online, shop around. If you visit the GHD website they have a list of the verified sellers and you can then shop around for the products. If a price seems too good to be true, then most probably, it is.
Summary: A must have
More reviews in the field of Hair Straightener
- Does what it says on the tin - Straightener not a Styler
- a must have could not live without
- GHD... Good hair day?
- Absolute must have for anyone who has to straighten there hair !!
- The original and the best.
- A bottle full of silky lather
- THE HAIR STYLER TO END ALL HAIR STYLERS
- Worth every single penny!
- Babyliss Smooth Ceramic 235
- John Frieda 2068BU Sleek Finish
- Remington S1450 Ceramic Slim 215 Straightener
- Babyliss 2856NDU Pro Nano Purple Straightener
- Babyliss 2856NAU Pro Nano Pink Straightener
- GHD IV Mark 4 Styler Hair Straightener
- Babyliss 2039U Pro 215 Hair Straightener
- Ionika ION300152 Detailer
- Nicky Clarke NSS028 Desired Super Professional Salon 230 Straightener
- Nicky Clarke NSS070