Product Type: GHD Hair Straightener
Newest Review: ... how recently you've purchased them. As you can imagine there is a lot of fake GHD stylers around, coming from illegitimate websites.... more
No other straightener works AT ALL AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED :-) GHD everytime!
GHD IV Styler
Member Name: k444tmc
GHD IV Styler
Advantages: They are by far the best straightener out there! Great customer service!
Disadvantages: There is too many fakes out there :-( They need to be clamped down on!
My hair literally looks like an afro when its been washed and dried - before straightened. My hairdresser dreads seeing me because its an absolute nightmare and takes FOREVER to dry... Over the years since hair straigheners came on the scene I have had quite a few pairs of different brand makes. Hair straighteners are a god send to me with my hair type and I have no idea how I survived without.
Although I have tried different make straigheners I never really thought any of them worked very well - just tamed slightly... My hairdresser then used GHD's on it and I couldnt believe the difference... Soon after I purchased my own... And I will NEVER try another type as long as I will live...
I have to say if you ever have a problem with them, GHD are very customer friendly. My first set stopped working a little over 12 months after I got them. I sent the straighteners off to them with a letter explaining they have broken. A little after a week of sending them away I recieved a BRAND NEW set in the post. I was really happy with the service I recieved.
I am now on my second straighteners - I stepped on the replaced set in high heels a few months after recieving them and they broke beyond repair. The only bad thing I can say about GHD's (the product) is that there is a lot of fake GHD's around (which I can tell you about first hand)... After I broke the original pair I bought some limited edition pink and white ones off the internet... The straighteners literally blew up in my hand less than a month after recieving them... Terrified I never tried to use them again... When I tried to get in touch with the stockists I found their website had been completely removed and my emails to them kept bouncing back... When I got in touch with the official GHD website the serial number on my straighteners were unknown to them - a fake set :-( They completely fooled me, they did look real and even arrived in a matching pink and white holding bag - which also looked real. From personal experiance I would advise you to order them directly from the official GHD or a recommended stockist. GHD have a section on their official website to give info on fake GHD websites and there is also a serial number checked. I was lucky as I was able to claim the money back on my credit card but I wouldnt be surprised if many others got ripped off by these con-men.
* Unlike the older GHD's these ones take just 30 seconds to warm up to the point you can use them (UK Voltage)
* You get 3 beeps coming from the straighteners when they are ready to use
* If you do not use your straighteners for more than 30 minutes they switch on to a sleep mode (great if you are like me and leave them turned on forgetting about them!)
Lets HEAT it up!
* These straighteners heat right up to 185oC (WOW, Boiling!)
Injuries I have obtained using GHD's:
* I somehow burnt two obvious plate marks into the side of my face which took ages to dissapear and I thought I would be scarred for the rest of my life!
* Its very easy to catch your ears whilst straightening your hair - I've forever got crusty ears :-(
Get SIZEd up!
There are generally 3 different sizes of stylers...
* Mini Styler (For short short or thin hair - also a favourite for boys!)
* Classic Styler (For normal hair - I own these and I must say they are great for doing different styles such as waves and curls!)
* Max Styler (for thick or long hair)
About the design:
These straighteners look very lush and sophisticated - In a range of different sizes and colours. The peacock range is so HOT right now! There is a flashing red button to let you know when they are on - They also beep to let you know when they are ready to be used. They are also attached to a 2.7 meter long lead if like me you like to do your hair nowhere near a plug :-/
Summary: GHD is the queen of straighteners!
More reviews in the field of Hair Straightener
- The best hair straighteners you can get!
- The Best....STRAIGHT Up..!!
- GHD Mark IV Hair Straightener: Cannot Live Without Them!
- Heat up that hair
- GHD IV Salon Styler - five years on
- GHD's - Amazing!
- Nifty little thing
- Remington Straighteners for Short Hair
- They broke... but I am still replacing them with the same pair!
- Remington Straighteners
- Babyliss Boutique Salon Control 235
- GHD Peacock Collection Gold Classic
- Babyliss 2088AGU Pro 230 Style & Shine
- BaByliss 2398U Pro 235
- Tresemme Salon Professional 2066U
- Toni & Guy TGST2985UK
- Toni & Guy TGST2984UK
- Toni & Guy TGST2971UK Professional Signature Hair Straighteners
- Babyliss 2069U
- Toni & Guy TG1186UK 1