Product Type: GHD Hair Straightener
Newest Review: ... great temperature. They take out all the frizz and fuzz, leaving your hair silly and smooth. They also make great curls that last and ho... more
No other straightener works AT ALL AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED :-) GHD everytime!
GHD IV Styler
Member Name: k444tmc
GHD IV Styler
Advantages: They are by far the best straightener out there! Great customer service!
Disadvantages: There is too many fakes out there :-( They need to be clamped down on!
My hair literally looks like an afro when its been washed and dried - before straightened. My hairdresser dreads seeing me because its an absolute nightmare and takes FOREVER to dry... Over the years since hair straigheners came on the scene I have had quite a few pairs of different brand makes. Hair straighteners are a god send to me with my hair type and I have no idea how I survived without.
Although I have tried different make straigheners I never really thought any of them worked very well - just tamed slightly... My hairdresser then used GHD's on it and I couldnt believe the difference... Soon after I purchased my own... And I will NEVER try another type as long as I will live...
I have to say if you ever have a problem with them, GHD are very customer friendly. My first set stopped working a little over 12 months after I got them. I sent the straighteners off to them with a letter explaining they have broken. A little after a week of sending them away I recieved a BRAND NEW set in the post. I was really happy with the service I recieved.
I am now on my second straighteners - I stepped on the replaced set in high heels a few months after recieving them and they broke beyond repair. The only bad thing I can say about GHD's (the product) is that there is a lot of fake GHD's around (which I can tell you about first hand)... After I broke the original pair I bought some limited edition pink and white ones off the internet... The straighteners literally blew up in my hand less than a month after recieving them... Terrified I never tried to use them again... When I tried to get in touch with the stockists I found their website had been completely removed and my emails to them kept bouncing back... When I got in touch with the official GHD website the serial number on my straighteners were unknown to them - a fake set :-( They completely fooled me, they did look real and even arrived in a matching pink and white holding bag - which also looked real. From personal experiance I would advise you to order them directly from the official GHD or a recommended stockist. GHD have a section on their official website to give info on fake GHD websites and there is also a serial number checked. I was lucky as I was able to claim the money back on my credit card but I wouldnt be surprised if many others got ripped off by these con-men.
* Unlike the older GHD's these ones take just 30 seconds to warm up to the point you can use them (UK Voltage)
* You get 3 beeps coming from the straighteners when they are ready to use
* If you do not use your straighteners for more than 30 minutes they switch on to a sleep mode (great if you are like me and leave them turned on forgetting about them!)
Lets HEAT it up!
* These straighteners heat right up to 185oC (WOW, Boiling!)
Injuries I have obtained using GHD's:
* I somehow burnt two obvious plate marks into the side of my face which took ages to dissapear and I thought I would be scarred for the rest of my life!
* Its very easy to catch your ears whilst straightening your hair - I've forever got crusty ears :-(
Get SIZEd up!
There are generally 3 different sizes of stylers...
* Mini Styler (For short short or thin hair - also a favourite for boys!)
* Classic Styler (For normal hair - I own these and I must say they are great for doing different styles such as waves and curls!)
* Max Styler (for thick or long hair)
About the design:
These straighteners look very lush and sophisticated - In a range of different sizes and colours. The peacock range is so HOT right now! There is a flashing red button to let you know when they are on - They also beep to let you know when they are ready to be used. They are also attached to a 2.7 meter long lead if like me you like to do your hair nowhere near a plug :-/
Summary: GHD is the queen of straighteners!
More reviews in the field of Hair Straightener
- I can't live without them!
- Lovely Straighteners
- Top Class Straighteners, Perfect Results!
- The Best....STRAIGHT Up..!!
- GHD Mark IV Hair Straightener: Cannot Live Without Them!
- Heat up that hair
- GHD IV Salon Styler - five years on
- GHD's - Amazing!
- Won't burn your hair or a hole in your pocket!
- GHD's great for wavy unmanageable hair!