Product Type: GHD Hair Straightener
Newest Review: ... how recently you've purchased them. As you can imagine there is a lot of fake GHD stylers around, coming from illegitimate websites.... more
I can't live without them!
GHD IV Styler
Member Name: Daisydobedo
GHD IV Styler
Advantages: Easy to use, gives hair a smooth, straight look.
I have always loved my hair when it has been straightened at the hairdressers and have never quite managed to achieve the same look at home. So, after much complaining, my boyfriend finally gave in and brought me a pair for Christmas! Although they are quite expensive, they are well worth the money. Previously I had a pair of Mark Hill/Morphy Richards straighteners that were just as expensive (around £90) and they got rid of the frizz but didn't really get rid of those annoying curly bits I have in my hair. It also didn't last.
The ghd straighteners are AMAZING! I use mine everyday and find that they don't do as much damage as some of the other straighteners out there. My hair is very coarse and wavy and the ghds manage to smooth all of this out and my hair stays straight all day without any other products. The plates glide through my hair and don't seem to catch so the whole process is quick and pain free!!
I have also just learnt how to curl my hair with my ghds! My hair dresser also agrees that ghds are the best straighteners by far and showed me how to do this! You don't need curling tongs anymore, the ghds do it all! Very easy to do, even for a novice like me!
I have recently treated myself to another new pair after the cable on mine twisted and I managed to get a set with a hairdryer in as well. The newer versions come with the added safety feature where they turn off after 30 minutes without being used - very handy! They are not as hot as the older ones - this is because ghd had complaints that people were burning their hair - but they still do the job perfectly and I wouldn't trade them in for anything.
If you don't have ghds, they are well worth saving up for. I wouldn't use anything else.
Summary: Best straighteners around!
More reviews in the field of Hair Straightener
- GHD Mark IV Hair Straightener: Cannot Live Without Them!
- Heat up that hair
- GHD IV Salon Styler - five years on
- No other straightener works AT ALL AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED :-) GHD everytime!
- GHD's - Amazing!
- blueberry goodness!
- Absolute necessity! Love these straighteners!
- A name to keep in mind when wanting some new straighteners - TRESEMME!
- Love them
- GHD Styler
- Remington S7200
- Babyliss Smooth Ceramic 235
- John Frieda 2068BU Sleek Finish
- Remington S1450 Ceramic Slim 215 Straightener
- Babyliss 2856NDU Pro Nano Purple Straightener
- Carmen Girls Straightener
- Carmen Slimline 230 Hair Straighteners
- GHD Scarlet Styler
- Babyliss Mini Salon Straightener
- Babyliss Pro Nano 200 Hair Straightener