Product Type: Babyliss Hair Styler
Newest Review: ... Christmas and I was really excited by the fact that I might actually be able to have hair that was cool and on trend like everyone else w... more
Takes a bit of practise but looks great
Babyliss 2285U Curling Wand
Member Name: jkf11
Babyliss 2285U Curling Wand
Date: 20/01/12, updated on 20/01/12 (7 review reads)
Advantages: Easy to use, different temperature settings
Disadvantages: Takes a bit of practise to get the hang of it
I have straightened my hair since I was a teenager as it is frizzy and fly-away and looks awful if I don't! It is just part of my daily routine.
For my birthday I asked for a curling wand and was bought this one. At first I couldn't get the hang of it, I'd have some big loose curls and some tight curls and the ends all flicking out in different directions! I ended up getting my straighteners out and straightening all the curls out!
However, my friend said it just takes practice and the key is to section off your hair into small segments rather than trying to save time by grabbing random sections and doing it quickly. I must admit, it has taken me quite a bit of practise, maybe due the the fact I had never used any form of curling device before but now when I go out, I curl my hair in the same amount of time it would take to straighten and it looks great.
The wand has different heat settings depending on your hair. I use a medium heat as I have fine hair and the higher settings are for those with thick hair. The wand heats up quickly and there is a light which indicates when the wand is up to the required temperature and ready to use.
The wand comes with a finger protector to stop you burning your fingers but to be honest i'ts so fiddly to wear I don't bother! The end of the wand is plastic and remains cool so you can just hold that part.
If you are a regular user of curling devices I would recommend this wand, it works great.
If you are a rookie like me, it is so easy to use once you have practised the technique and you'll be impressed with the different looks you can create. Give it a try!
Summary: A great wand for a great price
More reviews in the field of Hair Styler
- Looks natural and classy
- my go to hair tool!
- A must have for those who like tight spiral curls!
- A great little wand
- Not Great
- Okay for long hair
- Good value roller set.
- TALK ABOUT A BURST BUBBLE! ;(....a.k.a the story of my sad love affair with thes ...
- THE BEST EVER!WORKS EVEN ON MY NAUGHTY HARD TO CURL HAIR!thanks babyliss!
- hmm!So what should I do today?3-2-1 or 3-3-1 or may be just 3-3-3?its going to b ...
- GHD Candy Violet Styler
- Cloud Nine TheO 4x30mm Rollers
- Cloud Nine TheO 4x20mm Rollers
- Cloud Nine TheO
- Caudalie Fragrance Gift Collection
- Tresemme 3038U Salon Professional Hot Rollers
- Babyliss Pro 235 Styler Hot Pink
- Babyliss Pro Ceramic Multi Hair Styler
- Babyliss Professional 210 Curling Tong
- Babyliss Professional Ceramic 210 Hair Crimpers