Product Type: Carex Hand & Nail Care
Newest Review: ... I tend to have this kind of soap or hand wash in my bathroom and kitchen. This bottle is in my kitchen as when I'm cooking I'm forever was... more
Safe, clean hands
Carex Aloe Vera Hand Wash
Member Name: katyj10
Carex Aloe Vera Hand Wash
Advantages: Works effectively and keeps you safe and clean
Disadvantages: Doesn't foam up well (if that's what you're after)
Carex Aloe Vera hand wash, made by Cussons, is one of the essential kitchen products for me and sits by the kitchen sink. It is an anti bacterial hand wash which is really important when handling food and cooking.
A 250ml pump dispenser with plastic packaging it can go in the recycling box once finished. Each pump dispenses the perfect amount for hand washing.
I paid £1 for this handwash and for that money think it is great value for money. I got mine from the supermarket but you can usually pick them up in poundland too.
Maybe it's because I only go for one pump but I don't find this a foamy handwash, which is great for the kitchen as I just want a quick solution to messy hands and prefer a more soapy wash for the bathroom or toilet.
I have just been cooking with tuna and onions and have washed my hands with this product (before, during and after) and they now smell clean but largely unfragranced and certainly not 'foody' so I'd say it's the perfect kitchen hand wash.
**Why aloe vera?**
Aloe Vera is known for its healing and soothing properties and is also a natural moisturiser. I always look out for products that contain aloe vera eg deodorant, body lotion etc as I find it to be a bit of a 'wonder' product. The label says it is protecting and anti bacterial so regular use will help prevent the spread of germs that can cause illness.
I like it and will buy the same again when it runs out. It is the right consistency and gel like which I like for the kitchen. One bottle lasts me at least six weeks (depending on how much cooking I do in the kitchen!). It leaves my hands feeling fresh and clean and although it claims to be non drying, I am a hand cream freak (!), so will usually use some hand cream after I've used this.
Summary: Great kitchen hand cleaner
More reviews in the field of Hand & Nail Care
- Quick active, effective and reputable hand wash - also non drying
- Hungry hands
- A hand spa ten times a day
- Best used in conjunction with a pot of intensive hand-moisturising lotion
- Beautiful hands!
- PINK NO FRILLS HELP FOR HARDWORKING HANDS
- Lovely smelling hand wash - also gentle on your hands
- It really is quite magic
- Noticeably Smooth & Supple Skin
- Nourishing Handwash for your whole Family
- Wild Ferns Manuka Honey Hand & Nail Creme
- Salt of The Earth Natural Hand Wash Travel
- Burt's Bees Hand Creme Honey & Grapeseed Oil
- Burt's Bees Hand Creme Almond Milk Beeswax
- Salt of The Earth Natural Hand Lotion Travel
- Di Palomo Wild Fig & Grape Hand & Body Lotion
- Curanail 5% Nail Lacquer Amorolfine Treatment
- E45 Moisturising Hand Cream
- Elave Dermo Hand Treatment
- Di Palomo White Grape & Aloe Hand & Body Lotion