Product Type: Carex Hand & Nail Care
Newest Review: ... to use a liquid soap which claims to kill bacteria whenever I possibly can. The Carex Aloe Vera makes this claim and it's a pleasant soap ... more
Safe, clean hands
Carex Aloe Vera Hand Wash
Member Name: katyj10
Carex Aloe Vera Hand Wash
Advantages: Works effectively and keeps you safe and clean
Disadvantages: Doesn't foam up well (if that's what you're after)
Carex Aloe Vera hand wash, made by Cussons, is one of the essential kitchen products for me and sits by the kitchen sink. It is an anti bacterial hand wash which is really important when handling food and cooking.
A 250ml pump dispenser with plastic packaging it can go in the recycling box once finished. Each pump dispenses the perfect amount for hand washing.
I paid £1 for this handwash and for that money think it is great value for money. I got mine from the supermarket but you can usually pick them up in poundland too.
Maybe it's because I only go for one pump but I don't find this a foamy handwash, which is great for the kitchen as I just want a quick solution to messy hands and prefer a more soapy wash for the bathroom or toilet.
I have just been cooking with tuna and onions and have washed my hands with this product (before, during and after) and they now smell clean but largely unfragranced and certainly not 'foody' so I'd say it's the perfect kitchen hand wash.
**Why aloe vera?**
Aloe Vera is known for its healing and soothing properties and is also a natural moisturiser. I always look out for products that contain aloe vera eg deodorant, body lotion etc as I find it to be a bit of a 'wonder' product. The label says it is protecting and anti bacterial so regular use will help prevent the spread of germs that can cause illness.
I like it and will buy the same again when it runs out. It is the right consistency and gel like which I like for the kitchen. One bottle lasts me at least six weeks (depending on how much cooking I do in the kitchen!). It leaves my hands feeling fresh and clean and although it claims to be non drying, I am a hand cream freak (!), so will usually use some hand cream after I've used this.
Summary: Great kitchen hand cleaner
More reviews in the field of Hand & Nail Care
- Hungry hands
- A hand spa ten times a day
- Best used in conjunction with a pot of intensive hand-moisturising lotion
- Beautiful hands!
- Gets your hands clean
- Coconutty Hands
- Long lasting, any season hand cream.
- Palmolive Aquarium Hand Wash (very clever 3D pack)
- Nivea Hand Cream, pure and natural
- The best hand cream ever!
- M&S Essential Cocoa & Vanilla Hand Wash
- Essential Waitrose Cinnamon Cakes Handwash
- Carex Handwash Strawberry Laces
- Dove Essential Nourishment Hand Cream
- Thierry Mugler Angel Hand Cream
- Astor Nail & Cuticle Duo Kit
- M &'s Coconut Milk Hand Wash
- Body Shop Satusma Hand Cleanse Gel
- Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream
- Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Hand Cream