Product Type: Carex Hand & Nail Care
Newest Review: ... by far my favourite. The Product: The gel I am reviewing is a 50ml version of Carex Aloe Vera hand gel. I picked mine up in Boots at an i... more
Wash Hands Without Water
Carex Hand Gel with Aloe Vera
Member Name: stickyangel
Carex Hand Gel with Aloe Vera
Advantages: Kills bacteria, fresh feeling, soothing, nice scent
Disadvantages: Doesn't give the same clean feeling as a proper handwash with water
I bought this while on a short break with my boyfriend as when we got to the hotel all that there was in the bathroom was a tiny bar of soap which I'm allergic to. I didn't really want to buy a handwash just for the few days we were there so I ended up with this as it's a nice small bottle which would be easy to carry around with us as well as using after washing my hands with water in the hotel. I paid £1.29 for it in Superdrug.
The bottle is transparent so you can always see how much you have left which is important especially with such a small bottle that could run out fairly quickly. It has a pull-off lid which covers the small pump dispenser.
One press of the dispenser gives a tiny amount of the gel but this is really all you need to clean both hands. The gel is quite thin and watery in consistency and has a strong but pleasant scent of aloe vera with a little fruitiness to it. It feels very refreshing on my skin and it absorbs almost instantly once I rub it into my hands, leaving no sticky residue or greasy feeling behind.
I also used this on my upper lip as I developed a sore rash from my boyfriends stubble and I can definitely vouch for the effects of the aloe vera as it soothed it instantly and made it look a lot less red and sore. I was a little worried that repeated use might dry out my skin but again the aloe vera obviously works because it actually left my skin feeling softer.
I wouldn't choose this as my regular hand washing method as I do like to use a nice moisturising handwash or an antibacterial one when I feel it's needed, but as this kills 99.9% of bacteria I'm confident that it leaves my hands clean and fresh and am happy to use it when a handwash is not available or convenient.
Summary: A good option for when handwash is not available
More reviews in the field of Hand & Nail Care
- Conjures up pleasant memories of my trip to Nice!
- Wash your hands for a few pence
- Palmolive Odour Neutralising Handwash - To combat my onion fingers
- Soothing Hand Wash
- Hands that do dishes......
- Offers a sanctuary for hands
- Leaves nails shiny and professional looking!
- Covers up kitchen pongs
- On the go hand washing!
- A rather strange offering from Imperial Leather
- Lulu's Bombshell Hand to Hand Combat Hand Cream
- Laura Ashley Moisturising Hand Lotion
- Laura Ashley Exfoliating Hand Wash
- Inlight Organic Handy Day & Night Set
- Gatineau Vitamina Hand Cream
- Elemis Exotic Lime & Ginger Hand & Body Wash
- Burt's Bees Liquid Hand Soap
- balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream
- balance Me Citrus & Spice Hand & Body Wash
- balance Me Citrus & Spice Hand & Body Lotion