Product Type: Enliven Hand & Nail Care
Newest Review: ... to run a tap everytime you need to wash your hands, it also says that it kills 99.99% of germs instantly, I think I read somewhere that t... more
Instant results, no water, no towels ...
Enliven Active Care Hand Sanitizer
Member Name: Strawberry_
Enliven Active Care Hand Sanitizer
Date: 06/04/10, updated on 25/04/10 (59 review reads)
Advantages: Non-sticky, convinient, cleans hands and can be used on the go.
I bought this before I went on holiday last year. Wanted a hand gel that I could carry round and that I could take on a plane. I've used it so since then though. I think it's a fantastic hand gel for out and about. The 100ml bottle easily fits in a bag and can be used on the go.
- - - Packaging: - - -
The gel comes in a clear plastic bottle with a blue flip lid. The label on the bottle is mainly blue, white and red. I don't know if it's just me but I think it looks very similar to the "Cuticura" hand gel. I could very easily get confused between the two.
- - - The Product: - - -
I'll start with appearance and smell. The gel is clear smells very much like alcohol (the main ingredient is alcohol denat) but it doesn't bother me.
The bottle states, in short, that the gel is an alternative to soap and water, which cleanses the hands, killing 99.9% of bacteria on the skin within 15 seconds and has a non-sticky formula.
So, does it live up to it's claims? Well I can't say whether it does kill 99.99% of bacteria in 15 seconds, no idea how I would go about disproving or proving that claim haha. But so far as leaving my hands feeling clean and non-sticky after use, the product certainly does the job.
I've used other hand gels before but this is the best one I have tried.
The bottle also says the product is not tested on animals, which is a bonus.
- - - Directions: - - -
This might seem a bit obvious but for anyone who hasn't used hand gel before the bottle has directions printed on the backstating "Wet hands thouroughly with gel. Rub over hands until dry. DO NOT WASH OFF AFTER USE."
It also advises not to use on broken skin. I'll admit I have used it whilst having had paper cuts and the likes on my hands. It stings slightly when you use it with any kind of cut on your hands.
- - - Price: - - -
I can't actually remember how much I paid for mine though I think it was around the one pound margin. Having "googled it", apparently you can buy it from Lloyds Pharmacy for the bargin price of 99p.
- - - Would I recommend it? - - -
I would recommend this. I've used other hand gels before and this is the least sticky I've come across. It's definitely convinient and easy to use. Will be buying another once I've finished this bottle.
Summary: One of, if not the best, hand gels I've used.
More reviews in the field of Hand & Nail Care
- Champagne product for Lemonade budgets!
- SAINSBURY'S ANTIBACTERIAL HANDWASHES - Cost effect, great quality and kind on sk ...
- I love the smell of fresh Pears !!
- Fab Hands
- Great for udders, hands, feet and all dry skin conditions.
- The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Hand Cream
- The Body Shop Strawberry Hand Cleanse Gel
- Carex Chocolate Orange Hand Wash
- Bee soft
- Nice...but I wouldn't go 'wild' for it.....
- Cath Kidston Wild Rose Hand Balm
- Astroplast Ultrazone Hand Sanitiser
- Jo Malone Vitamin E Nourishing Hand Treatment
- Superdrug Family Nourishing Handwash
- Vintage Cosmetic Company Emery Board
- Butter London Yummy Mummy Nail Lacquer
- Nails Inc Notting Hill Gate Polish
- Rituals Nail Polish Corrector Pen
- Enliven Anti Bacterial Hand Wash
- Cath Kidston Rose Hand Cream Set