Product Type: Tesco Hand & Nail Care
Newest Review: ... bottle is slightly different to the Dooyoo picture as it has been updated. It now says creamy hand wash in large letters, with magnol... more
Creamy but not dreamy (Oh dear, bad title)
Tesco Handwash Magnolia
Member Name: CherryCoke_x
Tesco Handwash Magnolia
Advantages: Cheap and cheerful, nice scent, lasts, effective
Disadvantages: Unattractive bottle, dries hands
I buy this hand wash simply because it is cheap, a decent sized bottle, and functional. We tend to buy any once of the three scents they offer in these hand washes at Tesco, but, for the purpose of my review I am focusing on the 'magnolia and silk' scent which I have in my bathroom at the moment.
Firstly, the bottle:
I have to admit, it is not very pleasing to look at, and different to the photograph on here. It is made of a cheap plastic, with a bright blue colour for all the writing. There is no impressive font or picture. It simply states "Tesco", "creamy hand wash", and that the scent is magnolia and silk with added moisturisers and natural extracts. Now, as I said, I do buy this simply because of cost, and stood next to my sink, it does look very cheap. But it is! I buy it because of that. Though to be honest, when I am earning more money I will probably buy a more aesthetically pleasing soap (or possibly a nice bottle to decant it into) but at 89p for a 500ml bottle, who am I to complain? I get what I have paid for. The shape is easy to grab with the wavy sides that allow grip even with wet hands, and the pump is perfectly functional. I have had no issues dispensing the soap.
The back has the usual blurb, and there are no issues reading any of this. All clear, all concise.
It is a white colour and thick enough to coat the hands. The pump does dispense enough for a good wash, and the liquid doesn't slip of the hands before you have had chance to use it! The Magnolia and Silk scent is very pleasant, and it stays on the skin for a while after washing. I personally think it creates a lovely fresh and clean smell. There is nothing too remarkable about this product - it isn't a dreamy scent, or mouth-watering, but it is nice. I do find, however, that my hands can feel quite dry following use of this product, but I must point out that I do suffer from chronically dry skin on my hands anyway, so others may not have this issue with the soap.
Overall, if you are on a tight budget, this is perfectly nice as bathroom soap and it does the job it is required to do! Give it a shot before dismissing it.
Summary: Cheap and cheerful, but remember you do get what you pay for.
More reviews in the field of Hand & Nail Care
- Not as good as the chocolate one!
- Concrete textured nail polish
- Cheap. Yet perfect!
- Banish those bugs!
- too sickly and sweet for me
- Yummy yummy in my tummy....oh, wait, in my hands!
- Hydration, actual hydration, even for the dryest of dry hands! Thank you Garnier ...
- Nail magic really is magic
- Maid for me
- Cottoning on to the aroma of fabric plasters!
- Leighton Denny Bio Build Nail Polish Remover
- Mavala Active Hand Gel
- Leighton Denny Tropical Treat Hand & Nail Soak
- Mary Cohr Youth & Beauty Hand Cream
- Mavala Anti Blemish Cream Hands
- Greenland Fruit Emotions Hand Cream Lime & Vanilla
- Greenland Fruit Emotions Hand Cream Mint & Lavender
- Greenland Fruit Emotions Hand Cream Papaya & Lemon
- Greenland Pure & White Hand Cream Bulgarian Rose & Patchouli
- Nougat Caring Hand Wash Cherry Blossom