Product Type: Argos Hand Tool
Newest Review: ... present, I might add ~ I did buy her something else!). And these neat, fold-away steps from Argos looked being one of the better products ... more
Sometimes everyone needs a little step up.
Argos 2 Step Chrome Stepstool
Member Name: cha97mw
Argos 2 Step Chrome Stepstool
Advantages: not expensive, small and fold away small for storage
Disadvantages: only 2 steps, so maybe not enough if you are short or have specific ladder needs
When we bought our own house just over 7 years ago now and had a need for decorating rooms, we decided pretty quickly that a step ladder would be pretty helpful to do those jobs that were at height, such as putting up curtain poles, stripping wallpaper, and many other tasks.
Although larger ladders can be useful, we decided as we are both fairly tall (I am 5ft 6 and my husband is 5ft 10) that we didn't need the extra height of another step, so this small set of foldable ladders would be ideal.
The ladders fold completely flat for storage when we are not using them, and then we hang them up on the wall in the garage so they are out of the way. They are easy to get and set up when they are needed. The steps fold down, and you need to make sure that they are completely flat otherwise they may move when you stand on them.
The actual steps are a ridged surface, so it is pretty necessary to wear shoes when standing on them. I have tried without, and it is really uncomfortable. The steps have rubber feet, so you can stand on different surfaces such as carpet, tiles, and laminate flooring without any worry that they will move when you are working. The curved handle at the top is useful as it rests at around knee height and serves as a reminder not to step too far forwards.
They are pretty easy to maintain. A quick wipe gets most debris off, although ours seem to have some splashes of dried on emulsion on them.
I find these pretty indispensable. I use them for many jobs:
- getting into the loft (before we bought a proper ladder)
- painting walls
- cleaning windows
- putting up christmas decorations
- clearing on top of wardrobes and wall units
- chopping climbing plants outside in the garden
- cleaning the guttering on the garage
- reaching the back of my kitchen cupboards
- hiding stuff at the top of my built in wardrobe from the kids.
At £24.99, these are an inexpensive purchase and they are likely to last us forever with correct use and maintenance.
Summary: A really useful household item for helping with DIY and maintenance tasks.
More reviews in the field of Hand Tool
- Four tools, approx. four quid. Great for the money - can't say fairer than that.
- This even has a name in our house.
- Ideal toolkit for small non-DYI household
- Now my wife will find my secret stash in the top kitchen cupboards!
- Do You Need A Rub Down?
- A carpet fitters dream knife
- Behold the screwdriver of fate!
- An upgraded classic
- I saw the sun
- I Love A Good Whip Back Button
- NWS Cable Knife S-Type 1000V
- Norbar 11087 Torque Wrench 3/8in Square Drive - 4-20nm
- Norbar 13268 Torque wrench 1/2 Square Drive 30-150nm
- Monument TC3 Pipe Cutter 3
- Norbar 13265 Torque Wrench 1/2 Square Drive Ratchet Tru Torque TT50 8-54nm
- Draper 5 Way Crimping Tool
- Draper 7 Piece Chisel & Punch Set
- Draper 8 Piece Reversible Precision Screwdriver Set
- Draper 7.5 X 2.5mm VDE Plain Slot Soft Grip Screwdriver
- Draper 6 Piece Precision Screwdriver Set