Product Type: Homebase Hand Tool
Newest Review: ... products available in other stores in that it is okay but not great! The knife itself feels a bit flimsy and cheap in design when you ... more
That's not a knife.....
Homebase Value Utility Knife
Member Name: sparkymarky1973
Homebase Value Utility Knife
Advantages: Does what you want provided you don't test its limits too much
Disadvantages: Feels a bit flimsy and cheap, not good for robust jobs!
The Homebase Value Utility Knife is, at its most basic, a cheaper versionn of the trusted Stanley Knife and priced at somewhere around the £2.50 mark. I didn't even realise that Homebase had a Value range until I was visiting recently and saw this and, based on this product alone, it seems to about match up with all the other "Value" products available in other stores in that it is okay but not great!
The knife itself feels a bit flimsy and cheap in design when you hold it and the blade is definitely not the strongest or most hardy! As other reviewers have said it is okay for cutting wallpaper and maybe opening up boxes, cutting plastic ties etc but I would not trust it to cut through anything much tougher. One personhere has commented that it was not much cop cutting through carpet and, to be fair, from the weight and feel of this I certainly wouyld not feel happy using it for thsat use as I would be too worrried about having an accident!
The blade, true to other reviewers claims, does not stay sharp for long and didn't feel that sharp to start with if I am honest. I did give it a bit of a go with my Chefs Steel to sharpen it up a little but again, I was a bit worried using this that it might just snap off and break if I used it bto cut anything too robust!
If you are looking for costability over quality then I am sure that this is fine. Speaking from my own personal perspective, this was a bit of an impulse buy and not something I had planned and I think that if I had thought about it more, I would have bought something a bit better!
Still it (kind of) gets the job done and to be fair didn't cost a lot!
Summary: An okay product for the price but nothing to write home about!
More reviews in the field of Hand Tool
- Stapling rabbits made easy
- Should've come to Dooyoo.....
- Measuring made easy......
- Knives are tools too...aren't they?
- Didn't rub me up the wrong way!
- Stepping up to the challenge....
- Chisels that sound like they're made the South of Manchester
- Wera my screwdrivers...? there they are, all 12 of them, all inside that small c ...
- Great for organising and storing tools
- Ever wonder if sun glasses really filter all the UV light?
- Starrett PR1224W Protractor Head
- Starrett PT04781 Protractor Blade 300mm / 12in
- Starrett S162Z Pin Vice Set 4pc
- Starrett S555Z-7 Jewellers Screwdriver Set 7pc
- Sumo Plugging Chisel with Guard 1 1/4 x 10
- Stanley Cushion Grip Flared 8mm x 150mm Screwdriver
- Stanley Cushion Grip Flared 6.5mm x 150mm Screwdriver
- Stanley Cushion Grip Flared 5mm x 100mm Screwdriver
- Stanley 8 Piece Screwdriver Set
- Stanley 8 Piece Hex Key Set