“ Brand: Irwin / Product Type: Tool Bag „
This tool bag was £21 when i got it 4 months ago, I used it for my electricians tools on site but did not overload it nor did I throw it about.
If you are a tradesman, like me you would want a certain amount of pros from a bag that you use all the time, especially if you paid a higher price for a tool bag that is supposed to be tough and be for the tradesman.
Just before I tell you the Pros / Cons, I will say its capacity is just enough for a maintenance job, as you will get in a set of screwdrivers, sidecutters, pliers, set adjustable spanners, files small 1/4 " socket set and a small 12v cordless drill and charger etc. So your basic handtools and a small cordless.
The Pros are -
1. The fabric is tough (see also cons)
2. It has got a wide opening main compartment at the top
3. It is light and is easily carried by the strap (strap problem see below ), or the hold loops
The Cons are -
1. Stitching not up to the job, the side compartments at the bottoms and main compartment sides of bottom end came loose, and you could lose some tools. this after 4 months. shame as the fabric held up
2. Main compartment Zip broke after a month
3. The strap is good but where the strap connects to the bag on either side, the metal tabs rubbed onto the fabric while carrying and made holes in the fabric, this after 3 months.
4. side compartments useless, Not enough width or depth, unless you use them for drill bits - upto 110mm length max i would say, but be carefull as if you use and fill both sides up with drill bits etc, they tend to stick into you if you are carrying by the strap
In conclusion I would say - Onsite Tradesman NO, D.I.Y YES and inbetween say a light work Maintenance Man/Woman Take a chance if you like the size of the bag, which is lightweight and ok for a few non heavy tools, and easy to carry.
"Tool Storage / 20"" (520mm) / 600 denier, tough yet lightweight polyester tool bag with separate compartments for hand tools, power tools, screws and nails / Includes removable zipped pouch for smaller items / Features: Industrial Grade Metal Clasps; Reinforced Pockets; Adjustable Padded Shoulder Strap; 2 Tool Compartments & Multiple Pockets; Inner Sleeve to Secure Power Drill; Easy Access Cargo Pockets - 9 External & 2 Internal / Specifications: W x D x H: 520 x 320 x 110mm."