Newest Review: ... colour. This is a shoulder bag with 140cm length shoulder strap that can be adjusted to your own style, and can be used as a cross... more
Kipling hubei Bag - a good bag but not my favourite!
Kipling Hubei Bag
Member Name: karlsm93
Kipling Hubei Bag
Advantages: Compact, holds more than it looks
Disadvantages: Pricey and not as modern as other cross body bags
I have been doing a big clear out recently in our house of literally everything. My wardrobe was the first port of call and I came across this Kipling Hubei Bag that had been given to me for my birthday a few years ago. A Kipling Hubei Bag costs anything from £35+ so it isn't cheap given how compact and small it is. However, Kipling has a name and I suppose that is what you are paying for.
This Hubei bag comes in different colours however I was given one in a light beige/cream colour. This is a shoulder bag with 140cm length shoulder strap that can be adjusted to your own style, and can be used as a cross body bag, although the bag itself can sit quite high up compared to some other cross body bags I have. The bag comes with a little monkey keyring, that seems to be quite a theme with Kipling bags. The Kipling logo also sits on the front of the bag.
This fabric bag has two main compartments, one larger and one smaller front one. Inside the bigger part of the bag is a zip to offer a safe place to put keys etc There are also pockets for putting pens and your phone as well, so you can keep this bag organised despite its small size.
When I got this bag, I thought it looked cute and definitely the kind of bag that I would use, as I like to have a big bag and a smaller cross body bag for those days when I don't need to carry much (before my daughter came along!!) or when I am going out a walk to the shops and only need my purse. However, everytime I got this bag out to wear, I ended up taking it off. Yes, it fitted all I wanted and held all the basics that I had such as phone, purse, keys etc, but it just didn't seem either as modern looking as my other cross body bags. There was something a little more old fashioned about the shape of this bag compared to some of the more rectangular cross body bags. So, although I cannot say that there is anything in particular wrong with this bag, it is a good bag, but it just isn't my style, and just not modern enough for me. I'm glad it wasn't me who paid the £35+ amount for this bag, and I think wormen who are older will like this more than I did, and it has now ended up in a bag heading to my local charity shop.
Summary: A good bag for not my style
More reviews in the field of Handbag
- A pretty addition in my handbag
- A handbag not fit for purpose
- Karen Millen Tropical Print Bag - Nice for occasional summer use
- A pretty purse that proved pretty useless
- A lush bag for everyday
- Helping Me To Get Organised
- Small compact Kipling purse - a delight to use.
- More rigid bag from Kipling but small, compact and lightweight.
- Stud-ding Stupendous..!
- One of Kipling's Ethnic range of bags - compact and light.
- Radley Harvest Small Coin Purse
- Teatro Satin Clutch Bag
- The Body Shop Cool Brit Bag For Life
- Guinness Brown Leather Mens Wallet
- Bloomingdale's Medium Canvas Bag
- Jane Norman studded purse
- Jane Norman Quilted charm purse
- Golunski multi internal small flapover purse
- Golunski medium flap over purse
- Golunski Medium Double Flapover Purse