Newest Review: ... fastenings on the front. The large main zipped compartment contains slip pockets for phone and pens etc, a smaller zipped pocket and a... more
Great Expandable Lightweight Kipling Bag
Kipling Imara Medium Shoulder Bag
Member Name: rolandrat
Kipling Imara Medium Shoulder Bag
Date: 01/01/12, updated on 25/01/12 (54 review reads)
Advantages: Handles and shoulder straps, expandable body to the bag
I too am a newish convert to the famous Kipling brand - I had heard rave reviews and seen them advertised on QVC but was a bit sceptical - until I got ones of my own and I could see how good they were for myself!
They all come with their own little monkey - but it can be removed if you prefer.
These bags are very strong and durable - have great zips and zip pulls, lots of pockets and I think will last for absolutely ages.
Made of crinkle type nylon as are most of their standard bags.
This one has a removable shoulder strap and also ordinary handles.
It is a slouchy satchel sort of style with two velcro fastenings on the front.
The large main zipped compartment contains slip pockets for phone and pens etc, a smaller zipped pocket and a cord to fasten your keys to.
A special feature is that it is expandable - there is a zip around the base that when opened makes the body of the bag deeper - or when close it is nice and slim.
The only downside with Kipling is the price - but I try and pick my bags up when on special offer.
Currently on Amazon one has the standard price of £59 but reduced to £44.75. But they can also be picked up on other handbag websites or on Ebay.
Would say I now love Kipling bags too.
There are many reasons but a few of my favourites are:
* Lightweight - very light before any items put in so its up to you how much you put in and how heavy it gets - personally I like to streamline my contents to keep it light.
* Compartments - I like compartments to keep my items sorted - there is a kipped interior pocket for my lip gloss, head stick and perfume. The slip pockets are also great for my camera, phone and pens.
* Optional across body strap - personally I tend to keep my strap on as I like to sling it over my shoulders - but it can be converted to a handbag f you prefer.
* Classed as water-resistant - can be wiped out inside and out if something spills but I have also washed on a 30 degree cycle but the official recommendation is to sponge clean. Great if you are caught out in a shower - as I often am on my mobility scooter.
* Sleek lines - I like Kipling bags for their features but am not too keen on the ones that have loads of pockets around the outside. This one however has a sleek profile both back and front.
* I have not made much use of the expandable feature but it is unobtrusive and also handy if needed if you have extra items to carry.
---Would I Recommend---
Yes definitely for the bag but try and find it on offer.
4 stars - only because it can be quite expensive.
Summary: Slim expandable lightweight bag - hard wearing
More reviews in the field of Handbag
- I Can See Why The Celebs Love Mulberry!
- Tacky? Not much
- Stylish and Beautiful
- My New York Shopping Bag!
- Kipling make great bags!
- Stylist Pick Willow Handbag
- New Look Brown Bag
- Fabulous bag with a price tag
- River Island Oversized, Corss Body bag - Great Size bag for everything us women ...
- A Gorgeous Purse!
- Karen Millen Side zip leather purse
- Karen Millen Side zip leather satchel bag
- Lulu Guinness Amelia tote bag
- Lulu Guinness Lips hardware clutch
- Karen Millen Luxe leather purse
- Paul's Boutique Pipi Purse
- Paul's Boutique Ellie Handbag
- Avon Reese Witherspoon In Bloom Clutch Bag
- Tintamar VIP Business Handbag Organiser
- The Union Jack Shoulder / Messenger Bag - Cool Britannia