Newest Review: ... those who are looking for a subtle bag but for those women who are looking to make a statement then the bag fits the bill perfectly. The... more
Lipsy Clutch Bag
Lipsy Clutch Bag
Member Name: bringingsexyback
Lipsy Clutch Bag
Advantages: Neat shoulder strap, beautiful design and lots of room inside
Disadvantages: Hard to hold comfortably because of the shape
A hard shell clutch bag in curved heart shape. The plastic shell is overlaid with a black floral and leaf lace, each half of the heart is edged in a silver metal and the clasp features a large hard plastic diamond. The bag is a clutch but also has a slim silver rope handle for shoulder wear, this strap is not removable but the fixings swivel into the bag so you can stow it away inside.
WHEN TO CARRY THIS BAG
It is a clutch so best suited for evening use, the fatter design gives you lots of room inside and it will hold more than the more traditional flat clutch bags. I carry it usually for business lunches when making arrangements with my clients because I can carry a small notebook and pen as well as a small purse, I like that I can carry a few cosmetics samples in the bag instead of having to take along my larger case bag for just a few small items.
WHAT I THINK
I like the loose Lipsy lining because it has a luxury feeling but doesn't get in the way, it is gathered and sewn along all edges with a soft smooth texture. I don't like the way the bag opens because the hinge is at the very bottom of the heart so it opens too widely, I dropped my purse onto the floor last time I used it because the bag opened up quicker than I expected. If I have a lot of things in my clutch I have to sit down when I open it because things can fall or roll out if I don't keep one half steady.
It's not comfortable to carry as a clutch for very long because of the hard round design, the lace makes it feel slippy in my hands too so I usually have the strap pulled out ready to place on my shoulder when my hand begins to ache. For lunches I carry it as a clutch so I can put it on the table while I am eating. The strap is strong but the fixings look flimsy so I have asked my husband to attach it more securely. The metal on the edging of the bag goes dull quickly so I polish it every time I use it, the diamond clasp is a bijou touch but lacking in quality.
4 Dooyoo Stars.
Summary: A beautiful clutch bag with flaws
More reviews in the field of Handbag
- The bag lady
- Catwalk Collection Nicole Handbag
- Pineapple Women's Bowling Bag
- Paul's Boutique Coin Purse
- Catch a casual, pretty feminine look with a Cath Kidson Victoria Rose Saddle Bag
- perfect Bloomingdale's souvenir
- Come fly with me and Tinkerbell with this Tinkerbell Tote bag - Well made, looks ...
- Come shopping with me and my Radley Tote bag - Taking tote bags to a whole new l ...
- Do you want to come walkies with my Radley Pocket Medium Leather Crossbody Bag - ...
- Ted Baker Purse!
- Ted Baker Galar Straw Patent Bow Clutch
- New Look Tan Leather Look Pouch Across Body Bag
- River Island Slouch Bag
- River Island Quilted Tassel Front Messenger
- Lulu Guinness Black Lips Tote
- Nica Play Cross Body Bag
- Nica Milly Tote Bag
- Fiorelli Lucinda Flapover Shoulder Bag
- Petal Dolls Purse
- Nica Agness Shoulder Bag