Product Type: Apple Tablet PCs / eBook Readers
Newest Review: ... (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology" (to quote the Apple website). It has "1024x768... more
My best holiday/ on-the-road companion!
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi 16 GB
Member Name: evallyw
Apple iPad 2 Wi-Fi 16 GB
Advantages: Great battery life; Great interface; Easy to use; Light; A lot of apps available!
Disadvantages: Doesn't support flash; Can't type fast with the keyboard; no USB port; Camera not so great..
I have never been an Apple fan and I don't own anything apart from the ipod... until ipad 2! And I am so glad that I got it because of so many reasons. Let me try to explain them one by one.
- Nice graphics. It really shows when I am watching movies/ videos or playing games.
- Easy to use. You don't have to waste any time turning it on/off, and the interface is just so simple. One good thing about using a mainstream tablet (especially under Apple) is that you never have to worry about not having an answer to your question. Customer support has been quite great for me, and I can always find the answer to everything related to my ipad on the internet!
- Thin and light. I carry it to Uni everyday - definitely a step up from having to carry my super heavy laptop as before. It supports pdf, doc, docx and etc.. Basically it does the job if you wanna use it for word processing/ research/ viewing lecture slides or documents, for school or work!
- The apps! So many to choose from, and downloading them is just so easy. Some apps are absolutely wonderful, like iBooks and apps created by newspapers and magazines. It saves paper and I have a portable library wherever I go!
Having said all the above, there are also some flaws with the ipad 2. I love it despite all its flaws, because its the first tablet I own and to me it does pretty much everything that I use it for - but I think you should watch out especially for the following:
- Bad camera, especially the front camera. Having played with my friend's iphones, I can tell you that the camera on the ipad is nowhere as good - tolerable, but do not depend on it to take HD pictures.
- No USB port, although there are accessories out there which give you this function. I am not sure what you'd use the USB port for though...
- Doesn't support flash! To me this is kinda a major downfall because it makes browsing some websites so much more difficult.
- Word processing - the keyboard is not great to type on, unless you buy a extra bluetooth ipad keyboard in which case it is no different from using the laptop. Those will cost you at least 20 pounds, though.
Overall, the ipad 2 has been really useful and fun for me. I use it a lot, mostly at university and when I am on holiday or on the road. It definitely beats carrying a netbook or laptop, and you can accessorise it with such pretty cases!
Summary: Almost everything I need!
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Tablet PC / eBook Reader
- Kindle Convert
- I'm now an Apple convert
- I like my kindle more than I thought I would...
- A tablet with a display so beautiful it'll make your eyes bleed!
- My kindle
- Absolutely worth every penny!
- I couldn't live without it now!
- If it was up to me I definitely wouldn't buy it!
- Kindle 3G
- Brilliant - especially for reading in different light conditions!