* Prices may differ from that shown
Iv only had the phone for 2 weeks and so reliability of the phone can't really be evaluated but if i ever do have any problems i will be sure to update the review accordingley.
I bought mine on the T-mobile network from THE LINK and this is my first contract with them as i have always been with vodafone previously whom i had been reasonably happy with but have found t-mobile a lot cheaper.
The contract is:
200 mins x network
no video minutes
first 3 months: £14:50
middle 12 months: £29:00
last 3 months : £14:50
THE PHONE Looks and External features
from the front when the flip part is closed you have a seethrough screen about 1 and 1/2 inch wide and 1 inch high below that you have a full keypad with 3 buttons along the top from left to right being the green answer button then the unlock/lock button then the red hangup button on the right then the following 12 buttons are as on a usual phone keypad, underneath that in the centre is the navigation joystick with the power button to the left and "home" button to the right. on the left side of the phone is a volume toggle below that is a button for instant sound recording and the below that is the release button for the back. on the right hand side is a button to go strait to the camera fuction.
At the bottom of the phone theire is the port for charging or connecting to your computer and there is also the jack for you to connect your headphones. At the top of the phone is where the transflash card goes but more about that later.
when you flip the phone open it really comes to life the large screen inside lights up and displays the main screen in full colour and whats more the inside screen is fully touch screen. The main screen "home" contains the following options: at the top there are four buttons the first being the link to the main options and settings screen, the second button links to your contacts, the third navigates you to your messaging options and the last one takes you to the touch screen number pad so you can manually dial a number.
and then slightly below the four main buttons is the information bar starting from the left is your signal strength indicator, gprs indicator, satnav indicator, battery level and then the current time. just below that is is an animated indication of the date and any mettings you have that day. and finally right down at the bottom there are 5 other buttons that are user defined and the icons that are availailable are any of the ones that are in the main options and setting screen (which will follow.
When you go into the main options and settings screen you are faced with a selection of icons which are
1. co-pilot - the onboard sat nav system
2. the browser- for full html internet browsing
3. calls- a log of missed calls, answered calls, and dialed calls
4. camera- takes you to the 1.3 megapixel camera
5. real player- for playing all your media
6. e-mail- full pop3 and smtp e-mail account
7. calender- day by day calendar
8. time- allows you to look at what time it is anywhere in the world
9. files- allows you to look at all the files on you phone
10. video- allows you to capture reasonable quality video clips.
11. bluetooth- for connecting to other bluetooth applications and transfering data.
12. sync- for sycronising data between the phone and your computer.
13. alarm- allows you to set up to 2 alarms
14. viewer- allows you to view all the media on your phone in a file format.
15. tasks- gives you the options to add a list of tasks that need completing.
16. setup- lets you change the settings such as ring tones wallpaper, colour scheme, text size, language and many more
17. calculator- standard calculator
18. draw- takes you to a blank screen and allows you to draw freehand.
19. notes- this option takes you to a screen where you can either use the on screen keyboard or write with the supplied touch screen pen strait on to the screen and it will turn your handwriting into text.
20. modem- use you phone as a modem.
21. stk- an offline browser for all t-mobile related things
22. voice recorder- standard voice recorder
23. vpn- not fully sure what this function is yet but i think it is some sort of verification software for when browsing the internet. (when i do find out exatly ill update)
24. extreme snowboarding- this is the game that comes as standard and is the best game iv seen on a mobile so far
Now the best bit, contained on the transflash card is sat - nav software, now my knowledge of satalite navigation is quite limited, but this one seems to tick all the boxes, you can put in your favourites for quick find or you can add a totally new destination all you need is a street address or postcode and this does the rest, when it first starts it takes about 2 minutes to work out exactly where you are and then your off with a sexy little ladies voice telling you exatly where you need to be going turn by turn with a visual representation on the large screen. all the setting are easily changable for example how early and often you want warning of a turn. the phone comes with an in-car charger and extention and also the cradle that mounts to either the dashboard or windscreen so that the screen is easily viewed.
also included with the phone is, a handsfree kit and a data tranfer cable, to optomize your data transfer cable theire is also a software cd, i havnt had chance to use all the features yet b ut so far the best feature is the ability to use any sample of music from your computer take a snippet of it and then transfer it to your phone and this software does all the converting of the file for you so that it can be used on your mobile as a ringtone.
the phones onboard memory is relitively small at 48 mb and so is not really suitable for storing lots of mp3's but the 256mb transflash that comes with it has about 150mb space which should be good for about 70 songs.
overall this is a top of the range phone that so far has done nothing but impress me and my friends and the fact it's available on contract for free is quite unbeleivable.
so go out and get one!