Welcome! Log in or Register

Heart Surgery Children

  • image
1 Review
  • time
  • Write a review >
    How do you rate the product overall? Rate it out of five by clicking on one of the hearts.
    What are the advantages and disadvantages? Use up to 10 bullet points.
    Write your reviews in your own words. 250 to 500 words
    Number of words:
    Write a concise and readable conclusion. The conclusion is also the title of the review.
    Number of words:
    Write your email adress here Write your email adress

    Your dooyooMiles Miles

    1 Review
    Sort by:
    • More +
      01.08.2001 05:28
      Very helpful



      • time

      one of the worst days of my life was when i took my little girl for her 6 week check up as she was 6 weeks premature and small. We did notice that she wasn't feeding very well but it was put down to her not needing much as she was a small baby(4ld 4oz).she could go 12 hrs without a feed. On examination the doctors face fell,he asked me if i could take her round to x-ray.I asked what the problem was, he said he could hear a murmour but may not be anything to worry about.After routine tests it was found she had an hole in the heart,our world fell apart,panic worry and loads of questions for the medical staff. First she had to have different medications to see if the hole would heal as 70% of them do. She wasn't doing too well spending more time in hospital than out which was begining to affect my little boy so it was decided to send us to the Glenfield hospital for more tests to see in detail how bad the hole was.By this time she was 3 1/2 months old.I was told we'd have to wait for the results but within 1 week we had a phone call saying she needed surgery it would take place within the week. More tears more worry more questions, all of them answered by 2 very experienced medical teams (anyone with the same problem don't be afraid to ask). The scariest day arrived,doubts were there in the back of my mind what if....... she was only 4 months old,still small (8ld 4oz)unable to speak for herself who was i to make a life threatening decision? I couldn't bring myself to sign the consent forms i asked my husband to do it,reluctantly he did. Afterwards we were told she wouldn't have survived without the surgery anyway. We took her down to theatre.She was gone 5 hrs then spent a further 4 days in intensive care.Let home after 8 days. I am glad we took which is what we think was the right decision as she is now a fighting fit 3 yr old,strong as an ox. Anybody going through this at the mome
      nt my heart is with you but all the downs are worth the end product!! An healthy child with a small scar. I know this doesn't go for everyone but to those i have talked to who don't want to make the decision think again it is worth it honestly


      Login or register to add comments

    Products you might be interested in