Product Type: Boots health products
Newest Review: ... are £3.49 in Boots. This is for a 10ml bottle and this price is cheaper than the likes of Optrex which is £3.89. As there were no offers wh... more
My dry eyes be gone!
Boots Dry Eyes Eye Drops
Member Name: katykicker
Boots Dry Eyes Eye Drops
Advantages: Work well, reasonable price, long lasting.
Disadvantages: A little hard to squeeze out (like most eye drops).
My husband and I have been living together for almost two years now (hasn't it flown as well!) and in that time there has been a lot of building work happening where we live. This means that our home is often dusty and no amount of dusting, vacuuming and cleaning seems to clear the air and the surfaces in our home. Because of this my eyes can suffer whether I have been wearing contact lenses or not. I often use eye drops for dry eyes to try and prevent my eyes becoming itchy, red and generally quite sore and uncomfortable.
These dry eye eye drops are £3.49 in Boots. This is for a 10ml bottle and this price is cheaper than the likes of Optrex which is £3.89. As there were no offers when I wanted to buy these drops I went for this option as it was slightly cheaper and I was a little too close to pay day to spend lots of money. These eye drops are suitable for people who wear contact lenses and this was very important for me as I often wear contact lenses for work, despite my eyes being a little dry and sore.
The packaging for these drops is quite simple. The bottle comes within a blue and green box and there are easy to read usage instructions on the side of the box. All you need to do is put 2 or 3 drops in to each eye and then blink a few times with your head titled to get the drops all around your eye ball properly. These can be used when you need to and they are very simple to use too. You can use these drops whenever you need them and I have probably been using mine about 5 or 6 times a day, dependant on how dry my eyes feel. A firm squeeze is needed to release the drops but don't like your husband do it, as I did, as you will end up with about 15 drops rolling down your face and him asking 'sorry, is that too many?'. Obviously this is quite comical but also means that you waste a whole day or mores worth of drops!
I must say that these drops really are quite good! They stop my eyes feeling dry the instant I blink and I can go many hours without needing to reapply. After about four or five days of using these my eyes felt back to normal and I actually was able to stop using these so regularly and I now just use them if/when I have a small bout of dry eye coming on. Sometimes this is when I wake up and sometimes this is when I'm tired late at night after a busy day at work, whatever the reason I need them these drops work quickly and work well. My eyes felt more moisturised and generally looked after for using these drops and I would firmly recommend them.
Summary: A great little pot of dry eye eye drops.
More reviews in the field of Health Product
- A Glassy Set of Scales
- Specsavers potentially damaged my eyes but don't seem at all interested
- Cooling pads for your forehead!
- Measure It - Retro Style.
- Off with the Pounds
- Life saver for chicken pox
- Theres no doubt in your mind if you are pregnant with Clear blue!
- Not as good as the allergy ones but a good substitute when not available
- Psoriasis Treatment
- Asda Vapour Rub - Cheaper than the leading brand!
- Essential Source Sweet Dreams Fast Dissolving Strips
- Living Essentials 5-Hour Energy (Berry)
- Living Essentials 5-Hour Energy (Extra Strength Berry)
- Living Essentials 5-Hour Energy (Orange)
- Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix
- Eclectic Institute Clove Liquid Drops
- Eclectic Institute Coltsfoot Liquid Drops
- Eclectic Institute Elder Flower Liquid Drops
- Eclectic Institute Damiana Liquid Drops
- Eclectic Institute Corn Silk Liquid Drops