Product Type: Boots health products
Newest Review: ... don't take any longer than other more expensive paracetamol caplets and I think they work the same to be honest and they work so well f... more
Prudent Pills for Pain
Boots Paracetamol Caplets
Member Name: flodombey
Boots Paracetamol Caplets
Advantages: Cheap, easy to swallow, effective pain relief.
Disadvantages: None - as good as the big brands!
With generic ingredients like paracetamol and ibuprofen there is no sense in paying over the odds for branded products, Boots sell these packets of 16 500g caplets for the bargain price of 45p. You can actually buy paracetamol for less than this (around the 16p mark for dusty, round, old style tablets) but this shape is one which I find easier to swallow and 45p is still far cheaper than some of the big names charge.
The tablets come in two blister packs, each containing 8 pop out caplets. I like these strips of caplets and usually have one in every handbag and in my desk drawers because you never know when something will strike and paracetamol will be a blessing!
I use paracetamol mainly when I have either a cold (to minimise symptoms and keep temperature down) or in the aftermath of a migraine to deal with the residual headache which I often suffer from. You can also use paracetamol to ease rheumatic pains, joint pains and toothache so it is wise to have some in every first aid kit. A standard adult dose is 1 caplet every two hours (because these are 500g) and a maximum of 3 in any 24 hour period. This strength of caplet is not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
I do not find that there is any difference at all between these and the bigger brands and therefore I only ever buy Boots own - they are fantastic value and do exactly the same job as their big name competitors.
Summary: A fab alternative to branded paracetamol.
More reviews in the field of Health Product
- Soft hands.
- Pungent Pillow Pleaser
- Nitty Nora!
- For when Paracetamol alone is not enough
- Handy for the first aid kit at 39p
- Omron have produced the "Biggest Loser"... and that's not a good thing!
- Excellent moisturising cream
- Piriton Syrup - allergies and hayfever - suitable for children and adults
- 7 days of Pills safely stored with this Safe and Sound Pill Reminder
- Argos Value Range Electric EPP Scale
- Luli Electronic Shisha Bubble Gum
- Litejoy Electronic Cigar
- Litejoy Cartomiser Light Original Medium
- Litejoy Cartomiser Light Original Low
- Litejoy Cartomiser Light Original High
- Asda Hydrocortisone 1% Bite & Sting Relief Cream
- Omron BF511 Family Body Composition Monitor
- Niquitin Patches
- Boots Mechanical Bathroom Scales