Newest Review: ... to peed on rather than dipped in urine and you should hold the absorbent end in a stream of urine for three seconds. I'm not sure wh... more
Easy to use test that gives early results
First Response Early Pregnancy Test
Member Name: greysanatomyfan
First Response Early Pregnancy Test
Advantages: Gives early results, simple to use
Disadvantages: More expensive than other brands, knowing early isn't always a good thing
Since coming off the pill a few years ago, my periods had been erratic. My GP referred me for a Day 21 progesterone test to check whether I was ovulating and it came back negative so she asked me to make an appointment to see her. The night before the appointment I decided to take a pregancy test to rule that out as the cause of my lack of periods. I chose the First response early result pregnancy test. Imagine my shock when it came out positive! I was only 4 weeks pregnant by then and now have a beautiful baby boy.
Now we have decided to try for baby number two things haven't gone so well. I'm using ovulation tests to pinpoint my time of ovulation. It turns out I ovulate really late in my cycle, around day 24! Being quite an impatient person and expecting to get pregnant first month of trying again I bought another First response pregnancy test. It claims to give results as early as 6 days before your missed period.
It is very easy to use, just take the cap off, put the absorbent tip in your urine stream for a few seconds and read the result in 3 minutes. Two pink lines is a positive result, one line a negative. I decided to use it 4 days before my period was due, and was very disappointed when i got a negative. However my period became overdue by two days and I took another one and this time it came up positive! You could barely see the line though, so I took a clearblue digital test for confirmation and that came up positive too! I think it didn't work for me earlier because I ovulate late in my cycle.
So obviously the test does work so what's the downside? Finding out your pregnant that early on isn't always a good thing as after getting overjoyed, I went on to miscarry at 6 weeks. Due to this I've decided never to test early again.
From my local chemists a single first response test costs £5.99 or a double costs £7.99. I would recommend the double pack as it's so much better value for money.
I probably wont buy this test again as it is more expensive than ones you can use from the day your period is due and I don't plan on testing early again. For those of you that want to test early though, it does work but the faint line can be hard to see. I would recommend the clearblue digital instead.
Summary: If you really can't wait until your period is due this test can give you an early answer.
More reviews in the field of Health Product
- To Make a Sore Throat Go Bye Bye, Buy a Box of Tunes and Give Them a Try
- The Secret Of Quick Hair Growth
- Should of gone to Asda... Not specsavers :P
- not a good service but still good value for money on contact lenses
- Save a fortune on your specs with spec savers
- Pregnancy test for dummies (like me!)
- A first aid kit essential
- To Keep Those Allergies at Bay, I Use Piriton On a Summers Day
- A Life Saver
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise.
- GlaxoSmithKline Breathe Right Nasal Strips (Advanced - Clear) 44 One Size Strips
- DS Laboratories Vexum.Sl Double-Chin Reducer
- GlaxoSmithKline Breathe Right Nasal Strips (Extra - Tan) 44 One Size Stri
- DS Laboratories Vector Hair Removal System
- Curb Your Cravings The Movie Star Patch 30 Self Adhering Patches
- Compeed Overnight Cracked Heel Cream
- Bach Flower Remedies Hornbeam
- Bach Flower Remedies Wild Oat