Newest Review: ... like many people do not suit me and upsets my stomach. I decided to try out Floradix again as a friend was also speaking highly of it. ... more
A gentle boost!
Member Name: anwar7
Advantages: works without side effects
After the birth of my son I was very anaemic. The doctor was keen that I take Iron tablets, but I had other ideas! I have never been able to tolerate Iron in tablet form as it makes me feel sick. A friend recommended I try a liquid Iron known as Floradix. It worked well for me and I have been a keen advocate of Floradix ever since.
Floradix is actually far more than a liquid Iron tonic. It also contains a range of fruits, vitamins and minerals. In fact one 10 ml spoonful will give you 71% of your RDA of Thiamin, 60% of your RDA of vitamin B12 and 54% of your RDA of Iron. It is recommended that adults take 2, 5ml teaspoons twice a day before meals and children aged 1-5 should take 1, 5 ml teaspoonful a day.
Floradix contains Iron from spinach and nettles, fennel.ocean kelp,honey,fruits including rosehips and wheat germ to name a few of the good things contained in the bottle. If you want to see the full list I suggest you take a look on the web site.
Floradix is not cheap with a 500ml bottle costing a massive £15.55 from Holland and Barrett. It is available on several web sites for less but I prefer to buy locally. Once opened the bottle will need to be kept in the fridge as Floradix doesn't contain any preservatives. The bottle comes packaged in an outer cardboard box to kept protect the liquid from sunlight as this would be damaging. A small plastic measuring cup is included.
I love the taste of Floradix as do my children. It is a taste I find difficult to describe but I'm guessing its one you will either love or hate! Floradix leaves no after taste in my mouth and is also very gentle on my stomach. Iron can play havoc with your digestion and cause constipation; I'm pleased to report that I have suffered no problems with Floradix. My children were not too keen on the dark colour of the liquid at first ,but are now quite happy to take it!
As I have said I first took Floradix to correct and Iron deficiency and it really helped. My blood count returned to normal within a few weeks of taking Floradix. It is also very good to take during or after an illness. After fighting an infection your body needs all the help it can get! It is suitable for vegetarians and is a good source of the B vitamins that vegetarians sometimes lack.
Floradix is suitable for everyone including pregnant and breastfeeding women, men and children. Three are several variants of Floradix available including a gluten free version. Overall I can highly recommend Floradix as it works well, tastes pleasant and doesn't have any nasty side effects!
Summary: Liquid Iron and food supplement
More reviews in the field of Health Product
- A less pricey way to test for pregnancy!
- Weight Watchers Scales:- A little too heavy, thanks.
- Fybogel - a gritty non-orange tasting gel with fibre n it.
- A review to weigh up the odds!
- Not tonight dear I've got a...headache?
- Life saver for chicken pox
- Theres no doubt in your mind if you are pregnant with Clear blue!
- Not as good as the allergy ones but a good substitute when not available
- Psoriasis Treatment
- Asda Vapour Rub - Cheaper than the leading brand!
- Nature's Way Metabolic Reset
- Navitas Naturals Coconut Palm Sugar
- Navitas Naturals Citrus Chia & Blueberry Hemp Super Food Power Snack
- Nature's Way Sambucus Syrup
- Nature's Way Primadophilus Profiba Pearl
- Salter 907 Glass Electronic Bathroom Scales
- Salter 915 Stellar Electronic Bathroom Scales
- Salter 424 Hampshire Mechanical Bathroom Scales
- Guzzini Top Model Bathroom Scales
- Tanita Body Mass Tester