Newest Review: ... them to start taking the folic acid then, so that if they conceive the baby already has a good supply. 400mcg of folic acid can be taken... more
Folic acid at conception
Member Name: knowall
Date: 23/06/00, updated on 07/07/00 (33 review reads)
Advantages: It aids a healthy pregnancy
Disadvantages: none I know of
Folic acid should be taken by anyone planning a family. Lack of it at conception, and in early pregnancy can cause problems.
Lack of Folic acid can cause birth defects...who would wish that on their unborn child.
It is best to be safe.
I am no expert and do not know all the information.
In doctors waiting rooms, hospitals etc. there are usually leaflets on the subject. I suggest when planning a family pick one up & educate yourself on the subject.
Most people now take it before pregnancy and during the first few months, on their Doctors advice.... it is advisable to do so.
Some people can`t be bothered...I`m ok, it`ll never happen to me...how selfish....how much trouble is it to take a tablet each day ?!!!
More reviews in the field of Health Product
- St Johns Wort/ Natures Prozac
- No good for severe clinical depression
- Planning a pregnancy?
- To Make a Sore Throat Go Bye Bye, Buy a Box of Tunes and Give Them a Try
- Load of Rubbish
- A first aid kit essential
- I'm fizzing away on the vitamin C!
- To Keep Those Allergies at Bay, I Use Piriton On a Summers Day
- A Life Saver
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise.
- Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix
- Vitaminder Calorie Pedometer
- Member's Mark Saline Nasal Spray 3 Pack Bottles
- Multiple Manufacturers Cleanse-Rite 7 Day Colon Cleanse + Free Acai 1000mg
- Multiple Manufacturers Hcg 26 Day Complete Diet Pack
- Nicorette Freshmint
- Pasante Home Cholesterol Level Test
- Dr Bach Rescue Remedy Spray
- Lloyd's Pharmacy One Minute Pregnancy Test
- Lloyds Pharmacy Heated Tens Machine