Newest Review: ... but it isn't too strong. I can't really describe the smell, it just has an 'old' waxy sort of scent which reminds me a bit of how paper sm... more
Helps stop hay fever from ruining your summer
Haymax Organic Pollen Balm
Member Name: brady58
Haymax Organic Pollen Balm
Advantages: All natural and organic, stops pollen from invading your nose and triggering symptoms
I only have mild hay fever but it is enough that it causes me problems in summer. Some anti histamines are usually enough to keep it under control but if I know for a fact I am going to be going somewhere that will cause my hay fever to worsen then I like to be extra prepared.
I discovered Hay Max organic pollen balm a few years ago and now I use it whenever I am going to be in a situation where I am faced with loads of pollen. For example I used it quite a lot last year when I was on holiday with the kids in the Lake District as we spent a lot of time in the great outdoors.
The pollen balm looks at first glance like a pot of lip balm and if not for the screw off lid I might have accidentally used this as that as it is the same size as a lot of lip balms that I already own.
You use it by putting some of the balm on your finger and putting it inside your nostril. This is then supposed to trap the pollen and stop you from absorbing it and triggering your symptoms.
I really like this. It is quite pleasant to use as it doesn't smell horrible when you put it on your nose and also I like the fact that it is all natural and organic. Of course the fact that it also works is the best thing about it. When I use this I can honestly say that my symptoms are reduced greatly which I can only assume means that this is stopping the majority of the pollen from going in my nose.
I only really use this is I am going to be faced with loads of pollen and so far it has always done the trick. The one time last summer that I forgot to take this with me when I got back my eyes were red and itchy and my nose was running and I ended up having to take more Piriton than I otherwise normally would.
This doesn't stop hay fever entirely but it really does go a long way in helping to stop the pollen from triggering it when you are faced with being somewhere you know is going to have a high pollen count. I also don't think it is too expensive considering the high quality ingredients and also the fact that although it is only a tiny pot it lasts for absolutely ages. This costs me £5.25 in my local chemist and I would highly recommend it to other hay fever sufferers.
Summary: Helps stop hayfever from ruining your summer
More reviews in the field of Health Product
- "I don't need this pressure on"
- Quick Water Relief
- Cheap and they make me more cheerful!
- Weight Watchers Easy Read Scales.....
- Keep your cool with the Boots non-contact thermometer
- Kicking the habit - one cartridge at a time!
- And breathe............
- Don't wear this to bed!
- Cooling and Calming my Grumpy Head
- Eclectic Institute Prickly Ash Liquid Drops
- Eclectic Institute Plantain Liquid Drops
- Eclectic Institute Poplar Liquid Drops
- Eclectic Institute Pipsissewa Liquid Drops
- Eclectic Institute Peppermint Liquid Drops
- Isatori Isatori Blender Bottle With Red Lid
- ISS Research Oh Yeah Blender Bottle With Orange Lid
- KamaSutra Intensify Plus Gel & Massage Oil
- KamaSutra Treasure Trove Raspberry Kiss Gift Set
- KamaSutra Treasure Trove Strawberries & Champagne Gift Set