Newest Review: ... I smoked about 10 a day on average so started on stage 2 which is using 15mg patches. I never made it to the third stage which is a very lo... more
Nothing is a patch on these NiQuitin patches
Member Name: luceyliu
Advantages: Worked wonders for me, really helped fight cravings
Disadvantages: I felt a bit sick at times, expensive
After failing miserably using the Nicorette inhaler I thought I would never achieve my goal of not smoking but alas I decided on July 1st of last year to give it another go and I am delighted to say I have not had one cigarette since!
These came at a bit of a price. It cost me 45 euro for one box which lasts 6 weeks. I ended up buying 4 boxes through the treatment so in total it cost me 180 euro. Although I didn't feel so bad because compared to what I would have been smoking which was a packet a day I still saved myself money so that perked up my will power a bit more.
The treatment with these patches are based on three steps. There are 3 types of boxes of these patches too so be sure when you start off that you do buy the right ones for you. It is recommended according to their website as follows:
* For 6 weeks, start with the Step 1 (21mg) NiQuitin Patch if you smoke 10 or more cigarettes a day. (Go straight to Step 2 (14mg) if you smoke less).
* For a further 2 weeks, change to the Step 2 (14mg) NiQuitin Patch. (Alternatively start with Step 2 (14mg) for 6 weeks if you are a light smoker).
* Finally, move onto the Step 3 (7mg) NiQuitin Patch for 2 weeks.
Following the step-down programme will let you gradually wean yourself off nicotine so you can quit for good.
I started on the Step 1 patches as I smoked 20 but to be honest I think I would have been better of starting at Step 2 because during the initial stage of wearing the patches I became very sick. I was just very nauseous whenever the patches were changed and it was awful. I think this was because it was too strong for me. Maybe they need to take into account the strength of the cigarettes you were actually smoking because I would recommend people should start on Step 2 and then if this doesn't work go to Step 1 and try over because I had a few nights that I was dying to take off the patch because I didn't want to feel that bad. One night I did take off the patch and it made me ten times worse so be warned once you start do not take the patch off suddenly! I know they warn you not to do this but I never thought anything of this warning but I wish I had!
After a few days I really came around and couldn't have felt better. I think your body just needs a week to get everything out of the system and start fresh. I felt like a whole new person and surprisingly unlike my last attempts I had no urge to smoke and no cravings! At times I could feel a gust of loveliness come over me and yes this was the nicotine! But seriously it does work wonders. The only problem I found was moving from Step 1 to the second and the third I felt sick again for a few hours but that was just my body getting used to the new limit.
I was scared when I was due to finish on the patches because I knew they were still pumping me with nicotine somewhat and it was hard but after two days I felt great again. It really was a rollercoaster ride but the difference is with these patches I didn't want to get off. I had the will power to move on because I suppose the struggle wasn't as tough as cold turkey because it took away the nastiness of those cravings that keep dragging you back into the smokey pit of tobacco!
Anyway I never thought I would do it and if your like me and truly want to give up then you will achieve it with this treatment. Funny thing to mention is that the skin coloured patches seemed to stick better than the clear ones. Just keep in mind if your not going to be wearing tshirts or anything I would get the skin coloured instead of clear. I also had red patches wherever I put the patch and they could be itchy but they will fade after a day.
Good luck if you are trying!
Summary: It worked for me. Over a year of cigarettes and never look back!
More reviews in the field of Health Product
- An absolute god send for that 'time of the month'
- Helps my knee
- Argos Scales - Cheap and Useless
- For me it was a good as sucking on a straw
- Mechanical scales at a decent price.
- Scaling the mountain of weight loss........with Argos Value range scales.
- Omron Body Composition Monitor - Are you fat on the inside?!?
- Cost effective and now i smell great!
- Understand your body better
- Nothing Fishy About These Tablets
- Intimate Organics Clitoral Stimulating Gel
- Intimate Organics Foot Foreplay Lotion
- Isatori Isatori Blender Bottle With Red Lid
- ISS Research Oh Yeah Blender Bottle With Orange Lid
- KamaSutra Intensify Plus Gel & Massage Oil
- Enraged Nutrition Enraged Nutrition Blender Bottle
- Enraged Nutrition Aggression
- Enraged Nutrition Adrenaline
- Muscle Pharm Assault & Recon
- Muscle Milk & Xanthadrene