Product Type: Ceuta health products
Newest Review: ... who had been dealing with this problem longer than me, I bought one from ebay while my first son was still in utero in a pre-emptive bid ... more
Nitty Gritty Comb
Member Name: purplekimmy
Nitty Gritty Comb
Advantages: It gets rid of the eggs as well as the adults
Disadvantages: It is expensive and can pull the hair
Having two kids and one of those being a daughter with waist length hair, having them come home with nits was an absolute nightmare. Drove me mad having to spend so much money on these ridiculously expensive potions, only for them to not work, you can buy plastic nit combs ten for £1 but they do not get rid of the eggs, so you may remove all the living ones but the eggs live on to hatch and take you straight back to square one.
I was told about the Nitty Gritty comb and told it was gods send, I had been told that about some of the potions as well so I took it with a pinch of salt. I bought my comb from Boots, £9.99 very expensive I thought for a comb but it does come with a lifetime guarantee and some of the bottle of treatment cost more than that, I was at the end of my tether so bought one and hoped for the best. I washed the kids hair as normal, conditioned it and started working through it with this comb.
The difference between this comb and the normal plastic one it this is made of metal, and each prong, has a winded strip of metal wound round each one. This does mean that when combing the hair it pulls slightly more than with a normal nit comb but it does get the eggs out which other combs do not. The comb itself if a light grey colour so you can see the nits themselves and the eggs when you have collected them. Do not try to use this comb on dry hair, or hair that has no conditioner on it as its tendency to pull can hurt, this is just the spirally metal lines actually working.
You can never totally eradicate catching nits, and I still have to go through their hair every week, but I haven't bought any potions in years and would recommend this comb to anyone with kids.
Summary: Doesnt stop your kids catching nits but does get rid of them from the hair
More reviews in the field of Health Product
- Sauna your head!
- Overall a decent optician
- Night Night, Sleep Tight!
- Beware of Edinburgh Princess Street shop, Scotland
- Specsavers - best sight on the high street
- Quit orette
- Doublebase in name-but needed in moisture
- Gaviscon comes along and kills my heartburn!
- Think twice, they're more interested in your wallet than your eyes.
- Higher Nature Nutrition For Healthy Veins
- Pernaton Pernaton Relaxing Bath Therapy
- Newton-Everett Biotech Immuno-Rite
- Newton-Everett Biotech Essential Oils
- Newton-Everett Biotech Energex
- Newton-Everett Biotech Creadrene
- Newton-Everett Biotech Firstbiotic
- Sanatogen Pro Natal
- Vitabiotics Visionace
- Optibac Probiotics For Travelling Abroad