Product Type: Quies health products
Newest Review: ... a very personal preference but I have found most of my work friends buy these Quies ear plugs. This is the only brand of ear plus I have... more
Away with sleepless nights!
Quies Foam Earplugs
Member Name: alnilam
Quies Foam Earplugs
Date: 21/08/11, updated on 21/08/11 (53 review reads)
Advantages: colourful, cheap, good sound isolation
Disadvantages: none that I could think of
Earplugs are my constant companion when I go to a trip or a holiday with "unknown snoring status" or to places where I assume there will be noisy at night. I can say I could not live without them.
I buy these mainly because of their colour. They are naturally prettier than the regular yellow ones plus keeping track of the ones you used too much (or keep track which ones the others use when they find out how handy these things are...). Fact that they come in a box where you can keep them is also a plus.
They are easy to get in the ears, you just twist them a bit and stick them in the ear, there they will "return to their original shape" or better to say will get in shape that will fit your ear. First use might be a bit awkward since you do get the feel either that you pushed it to far in or too little or that they will fall out but you are probably doing it just right. As the foam changes in your ear you might hear some sounds (that some find annoying) but they will stop soon. Getting them out of ears is effortless. They are soft and I do not feel them in my ears. I must mention though that although I am satisfied with these I have came across a pair or a plug that did not work for me, it ether fell out at night or left an uncomfortable feeling in the ear - but this is like 1 in a 100 case (yes I used many, mostly due to my special ability of loosing these things).
They were given the ultimate test this year when I was stuck with 30 different people for more than two weeks in different low cost places with rooms varying from 2-bed to 10 bed. The chances of being in a noisy place with a noisy person were quite grand. These babies were packed without a second thought.
***They easily overcame:***
- 99.5% percent of snoring I encountered (the percentage is not accurate:)... There were days when I got snoring room-mates and in most cases I did not hear anything. There was one hard-core snorer though that was literately making walls shake with his snoring, I personally have never heard louder snoring than that night (it was even empowered by alcohol the man drank). This horrific snoring was strong enough to penetrate my "earplug-shields" a little bit but it was still tolerable. I can without a doubt say I would not sleep that night if I would not have these. Not a chance, impossible, that snoring was scary...
-natures alarm clock the "cock-a-doodle-doo" under the window, there have been reports (from my room-mates and others) that this lovely bird started it's serenade at 4am. Thanks to these babies I would not know. All other less loud animals (dogs, cats, cows...) noises were silenced by these too.
-traffic... Bring it on, could not wake me!
-90% of singing... You will appreciate them when people are singing out of tune and you want to sleep...
-thunderstorms I did hear but it was very tolerable. I am a bit snappy when the thunder strikes but this makes the noise way less intense, so you wont see me jumping in bed.
Somewhere in the middle of this "vacation" I was left with only one pair since I was begged to give out the other two.
***What about the morning alarm clock?***
Well am able to hear it a bit (like something in the distance) and usually get up. But oversleeping is not really that hard. My alarm clock is really quiet though, an loud alarm clock should get through nicely enough.
Get them if you are going somewhere or have a "snorer" by your side. They are not especially pricey and you certainly get your moneys worth (or even more). I personally recommend these plugs.
Summary: Certainly a product that I would and have recommended to my friends. A great buy indeed!
More reviews in the field of Health Product
- Avon Sleeptherapy Goodnight Pillow Mist
- Barlean's Signature Fish Oil
- BioMedX Research Gerovital H3-Activator
- BioMedX Research Hcg Activator & Raspberry Ketone Slimming
- BioMedX Research Raspberry Ketone Advanced Slimming Complex
- BioMedX Research Hcg Diet Support
- Earex Ear Drops
- Salter 926 GL3R Vision Electronic Bathroom Scales
- Homedics Family Body Scale 9105
- Anatomicals Snog Me Senseless Breath Freshener