Newest Review: ... bites Stings Burns and scalds I have not used it for all these mainly I just use it as an antiseptic for when the kids fall over ... more
Be Savvy, Buy Savlon!
Savlon Antiseptic Cream
Author Name: WackoStepho
Savlon Antiseptic Cream
Advantages: Cheap, gentle to skin, antiseptic, can be used on a range of minor skin problems
Savlon is something that I think everyone should have to hand in their home as it's just so versatile. I use it on little scratches or grazes, also spots or minor burns, even gnat bites in the summer. Savlon cream is an antiseptic that gently soothes and aids healing as well as helping to prevent infection, it's a thick, white cream that is easy to apply, you simply dab it on to the affected area and leave it to soak in; alternatively you can rub it into the skin.
I find that it soaks into the skin relatively quickly and doesn't sting like some creams can do, it also noticeably lessens redness and if I apply it several times a day it even speeds up the healing process. The cream has a slight odour to it that smells clean and fresh, it's not chemically at all and certainly isn't an offensive smell.
The product comes in a tube with a lid that screws on and off and the tube comes in a cardboard box upon purchasing. The colours used are mainly blue and white and the overall look is simple with the writing being easy to read. It's certainly not expensive to buy and can generally be bought for under £2.00 in a variety of shops, a tube will last quite a while and can be used by the whole family as it is so gentle and kind to skin.
It should be used for minor skin problems and it's recommended that if symptoms persist or if you experience any unwanted side effects to consult your doctor.
Summary: See review
More reviews in the field of Health Treatment
- Nasty Nurofen Pinched my Pennies!
- 45p, bargain!!
- Rapid relief!
- Why Pay more for Pain Relief?
- Back is No Longer So Sore
- Throat of doom!
- Helpful with hangovers, does other stuff too!
- Soothing Jakemans Blackcurrant Lozenges - wonderfully moreish
- I'll stick to the strong coffee, thanks
- No red noses here
- Visine Totality (Multi-Symptom Relief) Eye Drops
- Visine On The Go (Advanced Redness Relief) Eye Drops
- Visine (Original) Eye Drops
- Visine Visine (Advanced Relief) Eye Drops
- Christopher's Original Formulas
- Christopher's Original FormulasPain Relief
- Colic Calm Colic Calm Homeopathic Gripe Water
- Claritin 24-Hour Non-Drowsy 50 Reditabs