Newest Review: ... always used the tubs (like the photo suggests) but recently I have found a squeezable tube version! Less mess and easy to use (and a grea... more
My cream for everyday ailments!
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream
Member Name: MsTricia
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream
Advantages: works for so many ailments and is available in almost all high st shops!
Disadvantages: none whatsoever!
Sudocrem is one of those rare products that can be used for such a wide varying and number of ailments and doesn't cost an extortionate price!
Comes in a small grey tub but I have the tube version as it is easier to squeeze out in small doses for applying to small areas. It is a thick white, slightly pasty consistency that is quite solid and needs a good amount of elbow grease if applying from the tub to apply to the finger.
Sudocrem is a multi faceted cream and can be used for quite a number of purposes and these are a few I have found it particularly outstanding for:
1. When my daughter was a baby and still in nappies, (alongside other creams like bepanthen) this was my main cream I always carried around as it was excellent to use if/whenever she had nappy rash as it soothed the itching sensation.
2. Recently I had burnt my arm after accidentally leaning onto the iron (ouch!) and so after advice from my gran I immediately had it under cold water for 10 minutes. I then put a generous layer of Sudocrem over the burn and left it on for about 3 hours. Each time I would clean the wound I would then cover it back with Sudocrem as I found it was speeding up the healing process. I was extremely happy to have a huge tub laying around in my bathroom cupboard as I didn't want to have a horrible burn on my arm when the sun came out as it did recently and everyone else would be wearing low cut and sleeveless tops!
3. As part of my facial regime I also (in addition to my other face products) use this on my face whenever i occasionally feel I've had a breakout of spots. I would then generously apply it either to the affected area or over my entire face. If I have a huge spot (who doesn't get those lil buggers that like to appear as soon as its picture day or going to a party in the most OBVIOUS position ever!) I cover the spot with sudocrem and sometimes sleep with it there over night (not meant to going on Dr Hauschka's skin care advice but sometimes it's good to be a bit rebellious!) and I find it really does make my spot go down TREMENDOUSLY. I recently had a horrid redhead appear on the end of my nose (enough to make me not want to leave the house!) so I put some sudocrem on it overnight and by the next day it was a mere blip, hardly noticeable. It would definitely have evolved into a monster if left alone so I was extremely happy the sudocrem helped ease the severity of it.
Overall this cream is an amazing invention and something I couldn't live without! I only discovered it once I had my daughter and I haven't looked back since :)
Summary: an amazing everyday product to ease burns, nappy rashes and get rid of spots!
More reviews in the field of Health Treatment
- Icy Hot (3 Inch Medicated Roll) (7.5cm) Customised Pain Relief 1 Large Size
- Icy Hot (Extra Strength) Medicated Patch Back & Large Areas 5 Patches
- Icy Hot (2 Inch Medicated Roll) (5cm) Customised Pain Relief 1 Medium Size
- Icy Hot (Extra Strength) Medicated Patch Arm, Neck & Leg And Small Areas 5 Patch ...
- Boots Value Health Ibuprofen
- Clove Oil
- Robi Comb Electronic Nit Comb