Newest Review: ... The work top had already been cut so now it was too short to cover the side panels (which I imagined would reach the top of the work to... more
Sub-standard B&Q bathroom
B&Q Bathroom Furniture
Member Name: Dom-
B&Q Bathroom Furniture
Date: 15/08/05, updated on 15/08/05 (4560 review reads)
Advantages: No particular advantages
Disadvantages: Failure to supply fittings, patchy customer service, poor quality loo and tap fittings
I ordered a B&Q bathroom suite 2 years ago. The bathroom sales person at B&Q was helpful and the suite was delivered on time. They have been the high points. After plumbing in the loo it became clear that half the parts for the floating valve were missing. This meant having to drive to the local B&Q and obtain the missing parts (which were eventually taken from a display model). Staff were polite and willing to help find the parts. Incidentally, there appears to be a tendency to cannibalise parts from boxes containing new suites. I wonder whether these parts are replaced? Other problems I have experienced since plumbing in the suite:
(i) the basin (swivel head mixer) tap started leaking within about 1 week. It was eventually replaced but the customer service I received was somewhat surly. I had the faulty tap replaced with the same model of tap. In the last couple of months the replacement tap has started dripping to the extent that this also needs to be replaced. I have no faith with the tap supplied and will choose a tap from another supplier this time round;
(ii) the floating ball value in the loo stopped working after a year to the extent that the water had to be turned on and off each time the loo was flushed. Fortunately I was able to isolate the loo from the rest of the water system. I tried to obtain the part at B&Q. A staff member went through the cannibalisation routine but was unable to locate a suitable replacement part. I was told by someone else that the ball valve type of arrangement was not intended for the model of loo with which I was supplied. I was eventually given the name and number of the supplier who referred me back to B&Q. In frustration I bought a new ball valve unit from an alternative supplier and again went through the expense of having it fitted;
(iii) the hose connection to the bath shower broke after light usage.
On the plus side the bath itself, the basin and the ceramic part of the loo have been fine, but then you would expect that.
Summary: B&Q bathroom fittings lack quality. Customer service for parts inadequate.
More reviews in the field of Furniture
- mmm mm
- MFI in Reading
- Bed & mattress - extremely poor service & delivery
- Dolphin finance and promotional tactics
- they dont want to know if you have a problem, they are rude and unhelpful once t ...
- Televisions can stand on this all they want...
- Not just a bedsde cabinet.
- The bed that (almost) makes itself!
- I will tryyyyyyyyyyyy to fix you!
- Handy little table.
- One Call Kiddi Pink 3 Drawer Chest
- Sweet Dreams Lambeth Pocket Sprung Divan Bed
- Sleepynight Las Vegas 3 Drawer Bedside Chest
- Sleepynight Las Vegas 4 Drawer Chest
- Welcome Furniture Knightsbridge Cream with Oak 3 Drawer Bedside
- Kyoto Futons Winchester Steel Fabric Headboard
- Kyoto Futons Winchester Plum Fabric Headboard
- Kyoto Futons Winchester Chocolate Fabric Headboard
- Kyoto Futons Winchester Mink Fabric Headboard
- Kyoto Futons Stamford Sofa Bed