Newest Review: ... if I am lucky. I asked for a cancellation of the order, they refused. I had to kick and scream for a majority refund. They would not ref... more
Dreams so bad, it needed a new web site dreamsnightmares.co.uk
Author Name: Jamie
Advantages: Close to where we live
Disadvantages: Awful customer service comprising lack of knowledge on product, suppliers and processes
My wife and I have been so utterly amazed at the shambles caused by stepping through the doors at Dreams that we decided to set up a site for consumers to register their experiences and complaints. We live in an age where voices CAN be heard so please share your stories with us.
Our experience involved buying the most expensive mattress in the store at £1399 (yes, "just" a mattress) and being reassured that if we had any issue that we could exchange it within 30 days under their "Comfort Exchange Guarantee" scheme.
After a week, we'd had enough of bad nights of limited sleep so tried to use the Comfort scheme. My wife ended up in tears on the phone after talking to their customer service for more than an hour as his attitude was appalling. We had phrases such as "you should have read the 24 hour cooling off period clause" and "you can't exchange to a lesser value product without loosing the difference". The latter statement surely implies that the Comfort Exchange Program doesn't apply to the best/most expensive products in the store?
This was back in the beginning of January and we have still not been able to exchange the product even though we had agreed to forfeit the difference between our original £1399 product and the £850 we thought we could actually get a good night's sleep on. Oh, a small detail, we had to pay an extra £129 as we wanted the replacement in a European frame size (an oversight with the original purchase).
Two weeks ago we were called by Dreams customer services to be asked "has any one from Dreams called you?". Strange, we thought! "No" was the answer and we were then informed hat the custom sized replacement we had paid extra for was not available in a custom size. It seems Dreams have taken it upon themselves to redefine the word "custom" (and I suspect "customer" at the same time).
Last week, we were called to say that the original [uncomfortable] mattress was available in the custom size and would we like to order it. Well, that was it. What did they expect us to say? "Err, yes, please waste more of our money on a product we have already told you is not working for us".
That's when we decide to launch the simple but we hope effective, dreamsnightmares.co.uk site. Our full story (there's more!) will be live this week and we encourage you to join the campaign.
Summary: Don't shop in Dreams unless you have lots of money and patience to waste
More reviews in the field of Furniture
- Best furniture purchase ever
- Sweet Dreams
- Hang The Washing Inside Instead Of Out!
- Dreams otherwise known as nightmares!!
- Hmmmm....gotta be some pun about hanging them out to dry............
- BRIGHT SHINY THING!
- Bargain & Decent Spare Chair
- Look's Nice, Does the Job, but Not Very Strong
- Looks lovely, and practical too
- A table for £5?? What's it Lack-ing?
- Kingstown Furniture Signature 3 Door Centre Mirror Wardrobe
- Kingstown Furniture Signature 3 Door 6 Drawer Wardrobe
- Kingstown Furniture Signature 3 Door 6 Drawer Centre Mirror Wardrobe
- Kingstown Furniture Signature 2+2 Drawer Chest
- One Call Shaker Oak 3 Drawer Chest
- Old Charm Occasional Gateleg table
- Hennessey 4 seater classic back sofa (split frame)
- Collins & Hayes Jasper Large scatter sofa (M)
- Ercol Windsor Occasional TV/video corner cabinet
- Old Charm Occasional Oval nest of tables