Newest Review: ... if I am lucky. I asked for a cancellation of the order, they refused. I had to kick and scream for a majority refund. They would not ref... more
A bed buying experience which won't keep you up at night
Member Name: Thony
Advantages: Cheap, quick delivery, good staff
Disadvantages: Lots of paperwork, no delivery date given on day of purchase
Having recently moved into my first unfurnished house I found myself on the market for a bed. I had a few criteria: cheap, plenty of storage, sturdy and quick to be delivered.
On entering the store I was immediately offered help. I declined as I prefer to browse and ask for help when I want it. I was then left alone and not pestered. When I asked for assistance the member of staff I spoke to was very helpful and knowledgeable and recommended me a bed which fulfilled all my criteria at a good price.
Placing the order for the bed was relatively easy, although there did seem to be a lot of forms to fill in. The whole transaction took about 20 minutes with the sales assistant being very friendly and chatty throughout. She even took £30 off the price when we mentioned that I mentioned I'd seen similar elsewhere for cheaper.
The only hitch in the ordering process was that their new computer system wouldn't generate a delivery date. This worried me a little but I was ensured that I'd get a call from customer services on Monday, it currently being Saturday, and delivery normally takes about a week.
The phone call arrived as promised and I took delivery of the bed that Friday. I received a phone call the day before it was scheduled to be delivered and half an hour before it arrived to check everything was OK. The delivery men were quick and efficient with no messing about. They even turned down my offer of tea!
Based on my experience I am delighted with the service offered by dreams. I didn't feel pressured into buying anything and wasn't pressured into buying any extras (headboard, care plans, etc). The staff both in store and at their help centre were helpful and friendly. Their prices were good and having slept on the bed for a couple of weeks now I cannot complain about the comfort. I would certainly recommend them if you're looking for a cheap first bed. If you're looking for something more upmarket then there may be better stores.
Summary: I cannot fault them. They come highly recommended.
More reviews in the field of Furniture
- ~Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Bedside....~
- My Second Best Bed
- MAKE SURE YOU READ THE smallprint!
- You'll regret not spending more!
- Does the job, not a major turn up for the books.
- My really useful plastic drawers from Argos
- Snooztime Microbead Pillow - brilliant for camping!
- Malm Chest of Drawers
- A peaceful nights sleep at a cheap price
- A good bedside table
- Ercol Bosco Occasional Adjustable shelving unit
- Handmade Bed Co Adelphi Super king size headboard
- Furnitureland Lyon Round table and 4 faux leather chairs
- Tempur Options Arc Tempur Super King Size Ottoman Bed with Arc Headboard
- G Plan Dakota 2 seater sofa
- Silentsleep Pocket Dream 1000 Fabric Divan Bed
- Silentsleep Pocket Dream 3000 Fabric Divan Bed
- Silentsleep Pocket Dream 2000 Fabric Divan Bed
- Silentsleep Pocket Dream 1500 Fabric Divan Bed
- Bentley Designs Juliette Antique Brass Headboard