Product Type: Ikea home furniture
Newest Review: ... Bygel storage containers, which I paid 50p each for (now showing as 60p each on the Ikea website). I've put all of my child's arts and cr... more
Brilliant Storage Idea
Ikea Bygel Hanging Rail
Member Name: DavyMichelle
Ikea Bygel Hanging Rail
Date: 22/03/11, updated on 22/03/11 (175 review reads)
Advantages: Cheap, Useful, Easy to Install
Disadvantages: Hard to Use with a Spirit Leveller
During a recent trip to Ikea, the Mrs had a brainwave about storage ideas for her craft room. We spotted this Bygel hanging rail in the kitchen department, priced at only £2.03, and realised it would be a great storage solution for her new craft room. The rail we purchased is 100cm long, and there is a shorted 55cm rail also available for £1.52.
Other items in the range include hanging racks, hanging pots and hanging S hooks - all of which are cheaply priced and made to fit perfectly onto this rail. The idea being that you can customise this rail to serve whatever purpose you want it to serve, with the primary aim being for use as a kitchen rail of course.
Once home, getting the rail mounted onto the wall was easy. There are just four screw holes, two at either side, and I screwed this into wall plugs to make sure it would remain secure once weight had been added to it. Getting the rail straight was a bit of an issue as there was no way to put my spirit leveller on top, so I had to very cleverly try to have that in one hand, the rail in the other - and a pen in my mouth! Perhaps a second pair of hands would have been useful here.
Once mounted, it was easy to get the pots and hooks on which we had purchased seperately. In all we spent around £5 on this storage system so the items being sold seperately really is for convenience purposes, and not a bid to try to get you to fork out loads of cash. We just clipped the black and white pots and hooks we'd chosen onto the rail (other colours are available - but the rail only comes in chrome). The Mrs was then able to put her various pens, pencils and scissors into the pots and onto the hooks where she can reach them with ease while she works away on her various craft projects. We could have put up another shelf, but that would have gotten in the way of her workspace then - or been higher up the wall and required her to stand up and get things down every time she wanted to use them. This is a much more convenient and space saving way to do it.
This rail and storage system can be used for loads of different things around your home, and I'd definitely recommend it. It's great for using as craft storage, and would also be good for kids crafts, bathroom items and of course - for use in the kitchen too! Five stars from me for being so cheap, easy to fit and incredibly useful.
Summary: Highly Recommended
More reviews in the field of Furniture
- Extra storage
- New and Old..2 Sharps bedrooms
- SHARPS BEDROOM SECOND TIME
- Style on a Budget
- Is the SunnCamp chair suitable for camping?
- Flatpack Assembly Heaven
- Great service and excellent product
- Fair's Fair!!
- Is it a seat? Yes, but it's also a laundry hamper in disguise
- Magnificent Multi-use Micro-bead Cushions!
- Calder House Buttoned Linen Headboard
- Sleepy Dreams Buckley White Effect 2 Drawer Bedside Cabinet
- Sleepy Dreams Buckley Oak Effect 2 Drawer Bedside Cabinet
- Sleepynight Buckingham 3000 Divan Bed
- Sleepynight Buckingham 1500 Divan Bed
- Parisot Anton 2 Door and 1 Drawer Large Cabinet
- Parisot Anton Floor Standing 1 Drawer and 1 Door Bathroom Cabinet
- Parisot Anton Floor Standing 1 Drawer and 2 Door Bathroom Cabinet
- Pavilion Rattan Terra Tallboy Narrow Chest of Drawers
- Oestergaard Wokingham Solid Pine Pop-up Coffee Table