Product Type: Ikea home furniture
Newest Review: ... The only tool that you will need is a cross head screwdriver. The laptop table is height adjustable between 52cm and 81 cm, and the an... more
Brilliant little adjustable, portable laptop table
Ikea Dave Laptop Table
Member Name: europe-chick
Ikea Dave Laptop Table
Advantages: portable, adjustable
Disadvantages: dont leave it inclined with your laptop on
The Ikea Dave laptop table is a brilliant little item. We bought just the one initially, but invariably a fight would break out over who was using it, so we ended up going back and buying another one!
The Dave laptop table comes in three different colours; red, white and black. We have a red one and a black one. And it costs just £17.99.
The laptop table does require self assembly (like 99% of Ikea products), but this was easy enough, my husband took around 30 minutes to assemble each laptop table. The only tool that you will need is a cross head screwdriver.
The laptop table is height adjustable between 52cm and 81 cm, and the angle of the table top itself can be inclined to suit your needs - from a flat horizontal top down to quite a steep angle towards you.
To adjust the height of table up and down you just loosen the handle on the table leg, slide the table up or down to the required height, and then tighten the handle again to secure the table in that position.
To adjust the incline of the table top you just unclick the clasp underneath the table top, adjust the table top to the incline that you require, and then click the clasp shut again to lock the table top in that position.
A word of warning though, do not leave your laptop unattended on the laptop table when it is steeply inclined towards you. I did this and came back to find that it had slid off the table. Luckily the table was over the sofa at the time, so my laptop just slid onto the sofa and was fine. I dread to think what state it would have been in had it crashed onto the wooden floor.
This is a perfect portable little table, it is fairly lightweight, and it has a handle in the top of the table to enable you to carry it around easily enough. We use these in the living room sat at the sofa, in the bedroom pulled up to the side of the bed, in the study sat on an easy chair, outside in the garden.
These have been a brilliant purchase, we get loads of use out of them, you can just use your laptop safely anywhere. I'm not a fan of using my laptop on my knee, it's uncomfortable, plus it overheats.
I have a 12 inch laptop, and there is plenty of room for this and an external mouse on the laptop table. The table top is 60cm wide, and 50cm deep.
Summary: Brilliant little adjustable, portable laptop table
More reviews in the field of Furniture
- SOFA/BED IN ONE.
- paint or stain it for a more original look
- Practical plastic
- It's not just a single bed, nor is it a bunk bed, it's in the middle
- Why Have A Bookcase When You Can Have A Baby Bookcase?
- A lovely storage solution that is surprisingly built with paper as a filling! OO ...
- Spacious cabinet for your bedside.
- tulips from Amsterdam, or a bed in this case!
- Comfortable, durable and affordable
- Not for me.
- Sleepy Dreams Emma Headboard
- Sleepy Dreams Electro Sensation Latex Adjustable Bed
- Sleepy Dreams Electro Relaxer Memory Adjustable Bed
- Sleepy Dreams Electro Pressure Reliever Adjustable Bed
- Sleepy Dreams Electro Memory Ease Adjustable Bed
- Stompa Uno 2 Door Wardrobe
- Stompa Uno 4 Drawer Chest
- Stompa Uno 5 White High Sleeper
- Stompa Uno Combination Wardrobe
- Healthbeds Ultra 2000 Divan Bed with Wentworth Headboard