Newest Review: ... to think of any. The negatives are plentiful. They installed the wall units so they opened against a sloping roof and didn't act... more
IKEA kitchen installers are a total NIGHTMARE!!!
Ikea Kitchen Systems
Author Name: Lyons
Ikea Kitchen Systems
Advantages: Good kitchen overall
Disadvantages: The installers, Kitchen Inspirations, were incompetent, rude, evasive and totally unprofessional
After much research, we decided to get an IKEA kitchen. We've found it to be good quality and well thought out with some nice touches. However, they have a clause that if you have one of their stone worktops, you MUST use their installers, Kitchen Inspirations. Against our instincts, we decided to go with their installers. That's where it all went wrong. I'd like to start with the positives, but I'm really struggling to think of any.
The negatives are plentiful. They installed the wall units so they opened against a sloping roof and didn't actually open. They later stated that we had insisted on this. Unlikely. They installed the doors so tightly that the screws damaged the unit and later stated that we had changed the screw caps which caused the damage. Unlikely. They didn't install the kickboards or the extractor fans. They stated that they had despite us having an invoice from our builder for installing those things. Unlikely. They installed the units so that they weren't aligned and were out by inches. They say we must have done that. Unlikely.
The list goes on and on and I won't bore you with every problem with hit upon. However, it is worth a big warning sign about their charges. Almost £300 to dispose of the packaging and almost £100 to slide the electrical appliances under the counter - not to plumb them in or wire the up, just to slide them under the counter. Those are just some examples of the charges they spring on you once it's too late. At the eleventh hour they told us the worktop would take 2 months to install - despite having told us it would be 2 weeks at the planning stage. We cancelled it there and then.
We're found IKEA to be incredibly unhelpful and offensive in (not) resolving our complaints. What a shame as the kitchen itself is nice.
I would never buy from IKEA again - you rely on their customer service to support you when something goes wrong and I'm sorry to say these guys don't.
Summary: Don't use IKEA's installation service unless you like stress. terrible service and shoddy work
More reviews in the field of Furniture
- Stands up to the task.
- Perfect stylish storage and occasional seat solution
- A simple storage solution for a child's room
- A great desk... once it is assembled.
- Great Ikea from Idea.......
- Modern storage at a cut of the price.
- Comfortable, great looking chair
- A 'Maine' stay in my home!
- Step Into My Office.....and I'll Show You Value!
- breakfast for two
- Dreams Limited Opal Pocket Spring Divan Bed
- Dreams Limited Omega Pocket Spring Divan Bed
- Dreams Limited Olona Oak Effect Bedstead
- Dreams Limited Olivia Bedside Chest
- Dreams Limited Olivia 3 Over 4 Chest
- Thuka High Tek 3 Sliding Wardrobe
- Thuka High Tek 2 High Sleeper
- Sweet Dreams Herron 2 Door Wardrobe
- Relyon Henley Pocket Sprung Mattess
- Relyon Henley Divan Bed