Product Type: Ikea home furniture
Newest Review: ... cool and when I checked the price I was really surprised- in a good way- and that doesn't happen much these days. The price of the table... more
My house no longer Lacks a table!
Ikea Lack Side Table
Member Name: thehonesttruth
Ikea Lack Side Table
Advantages: Cheap, easy to assemble, sturdy, wide variety of colour options
I've recently moved house. Whilst when I first moved out on my own some ten years ago, I just got furniture cobbled together from friends casts off, this time I had the chance to really get everything coordinated - especially as my in-laws offered to buy us a few bits and bobs from Ikea, one of which was this 'Lack' side table.
We chose our table in Black/Brown, as it co-ordinated with our colour scheme and several other pieces of Ikea furniture we purchased at the same time. It cost us £6, but is available in many other colours, with prices ranging from £5 to £15.
Assembling this was very easy - it's simply a case of screwing in the four legs. It can easily by built by one person alone, and the instructions were fairly clear illustrations. It took me around 5 minutes to assemble this table, and I'm not too experienced with flatpacks, so I was surprised with the ease of assembly.
Once up, this table, which has a 55cm square top, and sits 45cm high. It's a very simple and basic design, just a square with four chunky square legs, and as such will fit in with any kind of decor. It also feels very sturdy once assembled - it certainly doesn't feel cheap. The black brown finish is really nice - dark without being quite as stark as pure black, and a sort of wood grain effect subtly visible in the surface. It wipes clean very easily, though it does seem that dust is very visible on the dark surface, so I do find myself dusting more now.
The table is a good size and height for popping a coffee on when I'm sitting on the sofa, as well as a plate of biscuits. I've taken good care of the table, as despite it's low cost I don't want to have to replace it any time soon, and with careful treatment, so far it hasn't sustained any scratches so far. Family members have had the same table before and said the veneer chips easily, but I have to say I haven't found this to be the case so far.
Really, at £6 for a table, you really can't go wrong. It's easy to put up, a good size for what I need it for, lightweight enough to move around if I need to, and fits in wonderfully with my decor. 5 stars!
Summary: Excellent value for money!
More reviews in the field of Furniture
- The Mammut shelf gets a tick from me
- Worst company for service and customer relations I have every come across
- Fantastic Service
- So practical.
- A lovely soft rug
- Not lack of value, but perhaps a bit lack of quality
- I love our sofa!
- My perfect drawers.
- Slightly better than stackable boxes.
- Nice little washing basket
- Calder House Jupiter Black Nickel Metal Headboard
- Sweet Dreams Jura Metal Futon
- Bedworld Discount Kendal 2 Door Wardrobe
- Bedworld Discount Kendal 3 Door Wardrobe
- Dreams Limited Tempur Original Expression Adjustable Bed
- Dreams Limited Tempur Original Revelation Adjustable Bed
- Dreams Limited Tempur Original Aspire Adjustable Bed
- Dreams Limited Tempur Cloud Pillow
- Dreams Limited Tempur Original Inspiration Adjustable Bed
- Calder House Jupiter Chrome Metal Headboard