Newest Review: ... dissatisfied and have told the company that I will not accept this suite in this condition under any circumstances as I feel it is an eye... more
Not with a bargepole!!
Plumbs Furniture Covers
Member Name: themuirs
Plumbs Furniture Covers
Disadvantages: The standard of work is awful, and the customer service-NIL.
We saw the very seductive adverisement and contacted Plumbs. We were sent a glossy brochure and DVD and it all looked very professional, with slick looking workshops. We were visited by their Rep. and, on the basis of the DVD and sales literature ordered covers that we thought would last for years. The cost was £1954.
Thus began a protracted nightmare, with missed finishing dates, a rude upholsterer who was a subcontractor, and a finished job that fitted nowhere, was poorly finished and generally a disgrace. All the time, we had to contact Plumbs-I think they thought we would go away. Only when we sent a letter quoting the Common Law of Scotland did another sub-contractor come and asserted that the work was needing to be remade completely- it was beyond rescue. There followed a long silence.
We then went to Trading Standards- they are marvellous. Plumbs customer service said they had no knowledge of the visit or the visitor's verdict.
We then told Trading Standards we wanted our money back, and they took over from us. After lots of weaselling and wriggling, we finally got our money back. The episode has lasted 4 MONTHS!!
The whole experience has been highly stressful, and has made my wife ill. DO NOT GO NEAR PLUMBS!!- If you are having problems with them, go to Trading Standards!!!
Summary: Stay well away and believe nothing. If it were possible to give a minus raring, it would be minus 10
More reviews in the field of Furniture
- A good storage solution
- No need to play peek-a-boo with long-term storage
- How did I live without these!!
- Ikea Malm Chest of Drawers
- Versatility and style at excellent value!
- A useful wardrobe which was perfect at the time.
- TALKING OF CHESTS!
- there's Kritter's on my chair
- In the Maine, a great versatile purchase
- My reception room is not lacking in furniture now.
- Sleepynight Venice White Faux Leather Sofa Bed
- Sleepynight Venice Black Faux Leather Sofa Bed
- Stompa Venice 5 + 2 Drawer Chest
- Stompa Venice 4 Drawer Chest
- Stompa Venice 3 Drawer Bedside Cabinet
- Sciae Liscia Mirror
- LPD Oakridge Sideboard
- Classic Pine Panel Bed
- Caxton York Hi-fi Unit
- Wilkinson Pod Stool