Newest Review: ... kitchen for our 1980 one was too expensive and went for the next best thing - new work tops plus cupboard doors. The salesman (Stuar... more
Lovely doors, but apalling after-care
The Kitchen Restoration Company
Member Name: Catmom
The Kitchen Restoration Company
Date: 06/04/11, updated on 06/04/11 (183 review reads)
Advantages: Lovely doors
Disadvantages: Very poor after-care with no sense of urgency at all
We had our new kitchen doors fitted on 15 March and are very happy indeed with the way it looks and the speed of the installation but the pipe draining our kitchen sink was damaged during the installation process, flooding our kitchen the first time we washed up afterwards. As the pipe is out of view we didn't immediately find the source of the problem but did fax and post a letter to Kitchen Restoration on the morning of 18th, enclosing photographs of the broken pipe.
We had a phone call promising that someone would come and sort things out on 23rd (more than a week after the damage was done), but this ended up being cancelled as the fitter was delayed and couldn't get to us. We then had a message on our answerphone at home offering us a further date of 6 April (after three weeks of having to do our dishes in a plastic bowl and throw the water down the loo or into the garden) despite the company having both my husband's mobile number and my own.
An extremely pleasant man arrived a day early (5th, which they keep telling us was the day we were booked in despite their phone message and our confirmatory letter stating 6th!) "to assess the damage" but being unable to do anything about it. I was fortunately at home as we weren't expecting someone that day!
Does the elusive Mr Craig Davies (Operations Manager) really exist? He certainly hasn't had the courtesy to reply to one of our letters or numerous phone calls, and as he's the only person who can allocate us with a date for the work to be done.... I'm just sorry we didn't read these reviews before contacting them as clearly they have a track record of incredibly poor after-care service which means one cannot recommend them despite the good quality of their product.
Summary: A real pity I couldn't recommend them with a clear conscience!
More reviews in the field of Furniture
- Homework Haven!
- Expensive and Terrible Service
- Benno: Stylish and Inexpensive CD/DVD storage from IKEA.
- Con Men in a big store - Dreams are a Disgrace
- 'Billy, Will You Carry My Books For Me?'
- Wherever I Lay My Hat...
- Remoska mini oven - couldn't manage without it!
- Clothing Under Canvas
- £74 for an ironing board, does it do the ironing for you???
- Underbed storage...but only for lightweight items
- Children's Bedworld Peppa Pig Sling Bookcase
- Children's Bedworld Peppa Pig Desk and Stool
- Children's Bedworld Peppa Pig 6 Bin Storage
- One Call Oak 2 Door Wardrobe
- Kingstown Furniture Nicole 2 Door Wardrobe with Drawer
- Seconique Panama Solid Pine 3 Drawer Bedside Chest
- Steens Balmoral Solid Pine 2 Door 2 Drawer Wardrobe
- Seconique Original Corona Pine Double Storage Chest
- Seconique Original Corona Pine 4 Shelf Bookcase
- Seconique Original Corona Pine 4 Drawer Dressing Table