Newest Review: ... its alot cheaper than the other farm parks in the area and a great meeting place and it is just the right size, the kids love the play ... more
A Gardener’s Delight.
Floralands Garden Centre
Member Name: daseaford
Floralands Garden Centre
Date: 17/01/02, updated on 17/01/02 (896 review reads)
Advantages: Large selection of products.
Disadvantages: Always spend money.
The Floralands Garden Centre is a very large, comprehensive gardening centre that appeals to everyone who has any interest in their garden.
The centre is set in the countryside on the northern side of Nottingham, close to the village of Lambley, and has a large free car park at the front of it. The entrance is through a large shop that has a good collection of garden accessories, houseplants and antique garden ornaments. Also in this shop they have a large seasonal section that is always interesting and varied, including a very large Christmas display.
At the far end of the shop is a tea room, where there is seating for about 20 people where drinks and snacks are served. The prices in the tea room are very reasonable and there is a great choice of cakes (all very fattening!)
From the tea room you can go out into the main area of the garden centre where there is a large selection of plants and trees for sale. Also outside there are large garden statues, plant pots, fencing, compost and other large materials for the garden.
There are a number of other buildings and shops at the garden centre and these include:
* Camping and Leisure Centre. Here they sell tents and everything else you may need for a camping expedition or caravaning holiday.
* Pond Centre. There are pond liners, pumps, cleaners, filters and pond plants.
* Tropical Fish Centre. A great variety of fish are for sale here, plus some fish that are just on display including a very impressive shark (about 15 inches long).
* Conservatories. You can decide on a new conservatory for your house by looking at the examples on display here, and of course order one if you wish.
* Garden Furniture. There are tables and chairs across a whole price range from thousands of pounds to less than a hundred pounds. There is also conservatory furniture for sale in here.
In all, there is almost everything you could want for your garden. The staff of the centre are
all very helpful and friendly, but not at all ‘pushy’. You are made to feel very welcome to just wander around and there is no pressure to buy anything. The prices of everything are competitive and the whole centre is very neatly laid out and well organised.
It is a great place to visit on a Sunday afternoon, when you can wander around for a couple of hours and then have a drink and something to eat. We certainly enjoy our visits here and rarely leave without buying a few bits for the garden.
More reviews in the field of DIY Store
- Strike 1 for plants etc
- SPRING'S IN THE AIR THERE'S MAGIC EVERYWHERE
- Great choice, poor service
- Trust me...I know my spuds!!!
- An unusual gift that will make you smile!
- Poor customer service
- IS THIS FOR REAL !!!!!
- first visit. .last visit
- DO NOT GIVE THIS RETAILER YOUR HARD EARNED CASH!!!
- DONT USE THE BATHSTORE (NIGHTMARE COMPANY