Newest Review: ... You have three options for this product. This one, which is the Moon Jar, which emits a soft blue glow. You can also get the 'Sun Jar... more
Sun or Moon Jar - It makes light
Moon Jar - Solar Powered Jar
Member Name: dario_crosier
Moon Jar - Solar Powered Jar
Advantages: nice present, solar powered
Disadvantages: Can't think of any
This year (like most years) we spent Christmas in Italy. As you've probably worked out now our "moon Jar" was a Christmas present.
Technically, my dad only got this (it was his present), from a family friend, midway through January.
Now, when you take into account global warming, the world is going to die blah blah, this is quite a good present. Well I personally think it's completely pointless and therefore love it. It always makes you feel good about not wasting resources, for example if you go to Oxfam, you can get solar powered phone chargers and other interesting, eco-friendly things.
The price, although you shouldn't ask, is roughly £20. But I think that because it's small and looks like a jar, It's quite nice. I have heard people call it cute, but I wouldn't go that far, it's just a jar with an LED bulb in it.
Another thing you can do is put it outside, it's waterproof.
How to use it:
All you have to do is undo the lid, and you see a little black circle with plastic around the edge (so it doesn't fall in). On the side closest to you, there is a little button and (always read the instructions) if you press it, so that it stays down, it means it's on. Then all you have to do is put it in a dark place and it will light up,assuming you have charged it, due to its sensor (which tells it if there is light or not).
If by some crazy chance, you hate it and find it hideous, just take out the light and use it as a normal jar, It's quite a big jar about 15cm tall.
I was going to put it in my room but, I kept tossing and turning, I can't sleep with the light on. But other wise the relaxing blue light is ideal for evenings.
So now it sits on my table in the off position, but yet I still reccomend it as a nice gift and hope you make better use out of it then. And it seems child friendly.
Summary: Jar's can do anything
More reviews in the field of Lighting
- I wouldn't be without our Go Glow Light
- Something stylish from Argos? Surely not..
- My Jar is full of... Moonlight!
- Disney princesses hit back at those scarey night time monsters!
- Softer then some, but completely softone is it not!!
- Shedding light on the matter for six years
- This little light of mine
- A finishing touch for high ceilings
- For my little girls room
- Definitely a smart buy
- Markslojd Preston Flush Ceiling Light
- Montana Dar Floor Lamp
- Linea Light Ti-k Indoor spotlight
- Colours Suspension ardeco Argent Beaded Lamp Shade
- Linea Light Entourage chandelier indoor LED M
- Azura Pindra Suspension Light
- Azura Homera Table Lamp
- Azura Kerteminde Suspension Light
- Azura Kerteminde Standing Lamp
- Azura Martofte Suspension Light