Newest Review: ... start to grow) when this happens simply re-pot the plant in a bigger container. Aloe Vera is an ingredient found in lots of moisturizers... more
Aloe Vera's soothing gel works wonders
Member Name: Tiddlywink
Advantages: Appears to be good for just about anything
Disadvantages: Expensive (but worth it)
I first learned of aloe vera when I visited my mother who worked in Hawaii at the time. There, the locals used it straight from the plant to treat sunburn. It worked a treat, too.
I had my doubts about finding any once I returned to the UK, but needn't have worried. I actually discovered some in the Body Shop, of all places. The bottle looked very small to me, but you don't need much. But you can also buy it at Holland & Barratt.
I have used aloe vera ever since for burns and skin irritations. I frequently get heat rashes, especially where I wore my watch and aloe vera dealt with it beautifully. When you first put it on it is very cooling.
Subsequently I have found it works for most kinds of itches and rashes. I've treated my own sunburn with it, as well as minor burns I've received whilst cooking. I wouldn't be without it.
I learned later that you can get aloe vera in liquid form to drink. I have not tried this (yet!) but I believe it is good for the immune system and digestion amongst other things.
Summary: Aloe vera soothes burns and rashes better than anything I know
More reviews in the field of Homeopathic Remedies
- Bach Calm & Strengthen Mist Spray
- Ainsworths Silica 30C
- Botanic Choice Homeopathic Periodontal Gum Relief Formula
- Botanic Choice Homeopathic Ringing Ear Formula
- Botanic Choice Homeopathic Sciatica Formula
- Botanic Choice Homeopathic Shingle Relief Formula
- Botanic Choice Homeopathic Sinus Relief Formula
- Bach Aspen Bach Flower Remedy
- Bach Bach Remedy Set Canvas Wallet
- Bach Centaury Bach Flower Remedy