Newest Review: ... we took some pictures of the lobby and fountains which greeted you through the revolving front door before taking the lift to the 27th fl... more
Burj Al Arab (Dubai)
Member Name: hunts1874
Burj Al Arab (Dubai)
Advantages: Great food, fantastic setting
My wife and I were recently on honeymoon and as part of our honeymoon spent some time in Dubai. As we were on honeymoon we decided to treat ourselves to Afternoon Tea at the 7 star Burj Al Arab hotel. The cost was 425 Dirhams per person, which is around £75. Granted this isn't cheap, but the experience was fantastic and worth every penny in my view.
On arrival we took some pictures of the lobby and fountains which greeted you through the revolving front door before taking the lift to the 27th floor where the Sky View Bar is situated. On arrival we were greeted and seated and given a glass of champagne. Additional glasses are charged at 150 Dirhams (£26). We made do with 1 glass and set about trying some of the many tea's that were on offer. There were tea's for all occasions and from all round the world and tea, coffee and water were all included in the price.
We were seated by the window and had great views out to the sea and the Palm. We thought it was a great setting. The staff couldn't do more for you and we set about making our way through the various courses of sandwiches, scones, buns and chocolates all washed down with our lovely tea.
My wife also got a rose as we had stated on booking that we were on our honeymoon. I also noticed some people were presented with a small cake, I am presuming they were celebrating a birthday. I thought this was a nice touch.
The hotel itself is out of this world. I have never seen such a lavish, grand interior before. It was almost worth paying the money to get to look round the hotel.
It's an experience that I would highly recommend to anyone who is visiting Dubai and perhaps looking to do something a little special to mark a special occasion.
Summary: Highly Recommended
More reviews in the field of Hotel International
- Good Breakfast on real plates!
- Perfect location in Vancouver
- Just around the corner from the Magnificent Mile
- A Luxury Rainforest Experience
- A cute B&B in Rome!
- Die Port Van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam - Easily a 4 Star Hotel
- Family friendly fun? You bet!
- Have kids? Want to stay in the Disney World Resort? This is definitely one to co ...
- Lavish hotel of immense quality.
- On the Dalai Lama's Doorstep.
- Vue Hotel and Restaurant (Mississippi)
- Ameristar Casino Hotel (Mississippi)
- Majesty Club Tuana Park (Turkey)
- Club Alla Turca Hotel (Turkey)
- The Normandy Hotel (Washington)
- Qbic Hotel (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- The Curtis Hotel (Denver, Colorado)
- Gecko Samui Resort (Koh Samui, Thailand)
- Tauernglockl Hotel (Obertauern, Austria)
- Hotel Concha Dorada (Veracruz, Mexico)