Newest Review: ... tv within a cupboard. The bathroom was also clean and tidy, and the bath and shower worked fine. Breakfast the next morning was comparabl... more
Newport Bay Club (France)
Member Name: loulou123
Newport Bay Club (France)
Advantages: very posh, great pool
Disadvantages: cost, huge size
The first thing you notice about the Newport Bay is the vast size of the property. Its one of the biggest hotels in Europe.
We arrived at 2am (after being moved from another disney hotel, after a flood in our room.) and obviously were checked in within minutes. We then took the lifts to our floor and began looking for our room.
The room was pleasent enough and clean, with 2 double beds, a table and chairs and a tv within a cupboard. The bathroom was also clean and tidy, and the bath and shower worked fine.
Breakfast the next morning was comparable to the other disney hotels, buffet continental. It was slightly more organised and less chaotic then some of the cheaper hotels on site. The queues built quickly for a table tho, due to the number of guests staying.
The walk from the hotel to the parks was very pleasent and takes about 10 minutes alongside lake disney.
The hotel is so huge it can be abit of a pain getting around, all the corridoors look exactly the same, and i actually got lost once looking for the ice machine!
The swimming pool was at the other end of the building from our room, which was a good 5 minutes walk! The pool itself though was nice enough, as our visit was in July both the indoors and outside parts were open and it was lovely in the afternoon to have a break from the bustle in the parks and enjoy a swim in the sunshine. There is a very small toddlers pool, but the main pools seem to be 5foot deep all over so not really suitable for non swimmers or small children, although arm bands and floats are available. There is also a whirlpool and Jacuzi as well as a Steam room and sauna. Towel hire is extra and the changing cubicles can get very busy.
I would recommend this hotel, if you could get a good deal on the price, as it is very expensive. Its a lovely and very impressive place to stay, but the huge size can be a pain and makes it feel very impersonal.
Summary: expensive and huge but very impressive too.
More reviews in the field of Hotel International
- Clarion Collection Hotels - a must for self drive travellers in Norway!
- Filthy and disgusting!
- Hotel Cram - smart boutique hotel in central Barcelona
- Hotel Club Portinax, Ibiza
- Majestic Hotel Dubai is First Class
- Shabby without the chic
- Not for people with a fear of heights
- Good location and good price for a hotel in Vegas
- Reliably convenient
- Port Orleans French Quarter - moderate hotel with moderate service
- Torrequebrada Holiday Rentals (Benalmadena, Spain)
- Westin Palace Madrid (Spain)
- Hôtel Crocus Caen Mémorial (Caen, France)
- Best Western Orlando Gateway (Florida, USA)
- Floris Karos Hotel (Bruges, Belgium)
- Malhun (Turkey)
- Marti (Turkey)
- Marti Myra (Turkey)
- Watamu Villa (Fuerteventura, Spain)
- Majesty Club Palm Beach (Turkey)