Newest Review: ... go so make sure you pick a hotel in the right area what kind of activities you have planned This was a relaxing holiday trip so we want... more
The Jumeirah Beach... An unforgettable holiday!
The Jumeirah Beach Hotel (Dubai)
Member Name: daniella2202
The Jumeirah Beach Hotel (Dubai)
Date: 04/07/10, updated on 05/07/10 (41 review reads)
Advantages: Fantastic hotel, restaurants, beaches, views and I could go on...
Now this is a holiday of a lifetime which I was fortunate enough to go on (with my dad and brother). But the price reflects the greatness... In other words it is not a holiday that you would take every year or every 5 years even (unless you were rolling in money). Perhaps if you were to just stay in the hotel it wouldn't be so bad (price wise) however, if you are to take part in all the extras like eat in the fantastic Le Burj hotel for an evening (which I will tell you more about later on in the review) then it is going to be a very pricey yet luxurious holiday.
I unfortunately cannot include prices of the hotel because it varies so much depending on the time of the year and when you book it. So it is worth checking it out for yourself if you are interested about going.
First of all the Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a sister hotel to the Le Burj hotel mentioned earlier. The Jumeriah Beach is a 5 star hotel. It offers everything you could dream of and more. The Le Burj hotel....well basically the only way I can describe it is that it is beyond what you would dream about, it is the place that all the celebrities go to holiday, a 7 star hotel (you can't get much better than that! It is the 2nd tallest hotel in the world apparently! Le Burj was designed to look like the sail of a ship). I won't talk anymore about Le Burj as the review is on the Jumeirah Beach, but look out for my review of the Le Burj that I will do shortly. Although I have not stayed there I have eaten there and had a tour of the hotel.
***More about the Jumeirah Beach hotel***
I went to holiday there three years ago at the end of March (2007). I think we definitely went at the right time. Dubai's winter is from November to March. And you wouldn't believe how hot March was so I cannot imagine what July would be like (probably unbearable!) We arrived at the hotel in a taxi from the airport (Dad said that if we were paying the price of such an expensive holiday that we would do everything in style to top it off, so no shuttle bus from the airport, a taxi!) So we arrived at the hotel and straight when we got out of the taxi we were treated like royalty by every member of staff (which was a lovely experience I have to say!). We were then shown around the bottom floor of the hotel and then taken to our rooms. ..
...On our way to our rooms we got to experience the fantastic, unique styling and architecture of the hotel. From the outside the hotel has been built to look like a breaking wave (which really did look very impressive) with the spectacular views of the Arabian Gulf from the windows.
Some facts about the hotel (Jumeirah Beach)...
- The hotel was opened in 1997
- It has 598 rooms and suites and a number of villas
- The hotel has more than 20 restaurants, cafes and bars (which consist of every type of food you could imagine from Italian to Arabic. Our favourite restaurant was the Argentinian restaurant which we ate in 3 times in 2 weeks. All the restaurants have fantastic entertainment ranging from belly dancers to musicians and Spanish dancers.
- The hotel does cater for children also with a kids club and babysitting service. However I think it is a more enjoyable holiday if the children are at least 10 years and over. I don't see the point in spending such a vast amount of money on young children when they are unlikely to remember it in the future (I definitely can't remember any holidays I went on prior to the age of 12).
- It has a fantastic water park, which children have to be a certain height to go on. It is a great idea for teenage kids if they get bored of lying on a beach sunbathing.
- It has a great golf course for the golfers out there (I had a day to myself sunbathing whilst my dad and brother spent the day golfing...heaven!)
- Also not too far away from the hotel are amazing shopping complexes as well as the amazing Ski Dubai (skiing in real snow!) It was incredible to be in the baking hot sun and then suddenly feel as if you are in somewhere like France skiing in the Alps.
I hope you have liked my review on the Jumeirah Beach. If you were to ask me where I wanted to go on holiday if I had a choice (without money being an issue) I would definitely say Dubai again and again! I don't think you could ever be bored there!
For more information and photos as well as prices visit the Jumeirah Beach website.
Summary: It is the most breathe taking holiday for beach lovers and tourists. You will never be bored!