Newest Review: ... much everything in the city centre. Otherwise, it is a fairly standard chain hotel. My room was quite small (it was a bit of a squee... more
Reasonable city centre chain hotel
Academy Hotel (Dublin)
Member Name: Chandelier
Academy Hotel (Dublin)
Advantages: Great location
Disadvantages: Small room and average breakfast
This hotel is now the Best Western Academy Plaza, and I stayed there in March 2012.
The best thing it has going for it is the location - just off one end of O'Connell Street and a short or medium walk to pretty much everything in the city centre.
Otherwise, it is a fairly standard chain hotel. My room was quite small (it was a bit of a squeeze to get round the end of the bed) and it only had a very small window as it looked over an internal courtyard.
The room was clean and the décor fine, as was the bathroom and despite the compact size of the room, the furniture had been done in a smart way to store my belongings. The bed was comfortable and for the most part the room was quiet and I couldn't hear my neighbours.
The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is cheaper if you order it in advance - the full breakfast is pretty much all you can eat. It's ok, but I'd be disappointed if I bought that at a café so if you are happy to wait until you are out to eat breakfast, I would recommend that.
Overall, it met the standards I would expect from a chain hotel well.
Summary: Pretty much what you'd expect from a chain hotel in a really convenient location.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- The Early Bird Catches the Flight
- Premier Inn Trafford
- Impressive building but rude staff and no concept of customer service
- A budget nights stay
- Central location but not the best Premier Inn has to offer overall
- Great bargain, great location
- Hampton Hotel york
- 14th century Castle - don't mind if I do!
- Bushmills Inn
- Not an enjoyable stay
- Whirlowbrook Hall (Sheffield)
- The Eastbury Hotel (Sherborne)
- Apex City Quay Hotel (Dundee)
- Novotel (Newcastle Airport)
- The Ship Hotel (Parkgate, Wirral)
- Tune Hotel Kings Cross (London)
- Master Builders (Hampshire)
- Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa (Edinburgh)
- Hillthwaite House Hotel (Cumbria)
- The Old Bull Inn (Royston)